Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Enclosed Trailer for a split bus What size?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al Huva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Enclosed Trailer for a split bus What size? Reply with quote

I want to transport my bus and needed advice on the best size ? Will a 16 ft round top enclosed work or are the interior dimensions too small Thx for your advice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing you want to look for is height and width. Length you can play with some. I will say the more room you have the better you will like, the extra 1foot total width don't seem that wide when you are trying to walk around the load. I have not seen a round top in the States, nice idea but a lot more work to build right.

Myself I try to buy used and to get the great deal you have to be a bit flexible on some stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think minimum entry door opening height is key. When you come up the ramps there are angles at play and I think it was around 76" minimum and 80" would be a lot more comfortable. May have even had to let air out of the tires I don't quite remember. It was a friends trailer maybe he'll pipe up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a "Search" for "Enclosed U-Haul":

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search..._chars=200

Pretty sure they include the "Grandma's Attic" in the length and that is over the cab.
blackdog1999 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most 16' enclosed trailers are long enough. The main issue is the height. I have a 20' enclosed which is better if you can handle the extra length as it allows you to have some room in the front to haul whatever else you are taking with or just the get around & strap it down once it is inside.
flemcadiddlehopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al, this really seems like too much trouble for you. Just head south without the bus and I will look after it for you right here.

Gordo.

Retrograde Garage. Vintage Aircooled, and others.
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also get an extra set of rims no tires so your bus isnt as high to get it in a trailer. there is a post on that.

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: