Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS PARTS - [email protected] - Dave Fuentes
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: NOS PARTS
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 02, 2023
356gt3r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: NOS PARTS - [email protected] - Dave Fuentes Reply with quote

guys-

a small story, and perhaps info that you guys can use as well...

frustration:

I do a bunch of business on the net. Buying and selling parts and cars for years now, domestically and internationally. i have not had any problems until recently , and for just $38.50.

i had emailed, and sent money for 2 pre-58 type 2 license lenses close to 6 months ago to somebody known as DVD on thesamba. there was a little communication via email in the beginning, and then nothing in the mail,  I had to hassle to get any kind of communication after feeling like nothing was going to happen...

"its coming, i'll send you one next week, this and that"...then nothing..still no lenses or a refund.

every now and then me sending emails reminding, asking, and left to wonder...with the ad still on thesamba.( as of a week ago or so)

someone had mentioned that he had not had any trouble with David at swap meets, and was curious about this story of mine...

I hate to use the forum, and i don't bad mouth anybody, but this instance is beyond being patient, and forgiving of time, other responsibilites of the seller. I am more than flexible, and understanding, but again there really is not an excuse... to ship a small package from cali to VA, its really that hard??

has anybody else had issues with this individual? no phone numbers were ever posted, just emails:
[email protected], [email protected]...

thanks for listening
robert
56 DD panel...which still needs a license lens...

Also reported to use:
vulcanized - vulcanized.parts@gmail.com
xmotorcycles@gmail.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: known as DVD Reply with quote

356gt3r wrote:

has anybody else had issues with this individual? .

i bought a safari window latch from him and it did take some time and some e-mails for him to send it to me. his explanation was that he is constantly travelling (no excuse, really) but when it came he actually sent it form south america, so i let it slide. i was only slightly annoyed, but i didnt wait as long as you did.
Stall20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing here guys... I sent David 325.00 for an org. pass. safari frame. payment was sent out on Nov.3rd 2008. I still yet to recieve my safari frame Evil or Very Mad I emailed several times wondering if he recieved my payment and finally on Nov 12th he emailed me bac saying he got the payment and would get it out to me. It is now the 19th and I havent recieved my frame or an email so I have no idea what the story is. Im @ the point I wantr my 325.00 back or the safari frame. 16 days to mme is just way to long to wait for something that should have been here within a week.. Tim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
356gt3r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try waiting for 2 years...and having a BDM hitman have to recover the goods.... This fiasco got expensive, you know the BDM is not cheap if they have to get involved.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114984
Stall20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved the safari frame today from David. I did wait a bit longer then I thought was reasonable but the frame was exactly how he described it and the same one he had sent me pics of. Im very happy with it. He also put some new latch seals and some new rubber pedal pads to make up for taking so ,long.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some seals from DVD. Everything was as advertised and looks great. The parts I have used so far fit perfectly.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an order of rubber parts from David and they look great. Can't wait to put them on. Thanks David and I look forward to doing business again.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
Ghiaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my NOS Ghia bumper bow from David today.
From date of PayPal payment to delivery was 20 days.
I'm happy with the part, but not thrilled with the wait.
I read this thread after buying the bow, so I pretty much
knew what to expect and didn't panic.

Karmann Ghia & Beetle parts available.
Convertible tops installed.
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not one to leave bad feedback but at this point I feel I have no other option than to voice out on here and hope for some result.

I am also curious if anybody else is experiencing this same scenerio or am I the only one?

I purchased a Barndoor front floor mat from David back in the summer of 2008,or maybe 2007,i forget how long ago at this point. I had the mat in my posession for several months awaiting for the install whenever my bus was finished and ready for it. Within this time David mailed me suggesting that I return the mat for some "die updating" Im not sure what exactly is being altered but he said there was a change that he was making on previously sold mats.

Come November 2008 I shipped my mat out to him and figured maybe at the most I would have it back after a couple of months.
Well, here it is, February 2010 and I am still trying to get the mat back!

The furthest back email I have from him regarding this is actually 1 year from this weekend stating that the mat would be shipped out with a set of safari windows that a customer was having shipped to me.leading me to believe that back in Feb 2009 that my mat is finally on its way.HA!

I email David pretty much once a month regarding this and below is a brief summary of his responses that I could find in my old emails.

2/09/09 - will be boxed with safari frames(got frames, no mat)
6/12/09 - it will go out next week
7/06/09 - it will go out next week
7/24/09 - i will have it boxed and ready over the weekend
8/21/09 - it is ready for you to pick up while you are visiting san diego(I was visiting SD very briefly and tried to make a point of getting the mat put into my hands in person.i couldnt arrange to make that pick up unfortunately(time constrained) and now, for some reason, it is no longer finished as said)
10/15/09 - i will send it out monday or tuesday
11/16/09 - just finished move, yours will be the first
1/15/10 - will be done this month

After his 1/15 response I responded by asking him to just return the mat "as is"(how it was when i purchased it a couple years ago) or if he preferred to "update" it and return it by the end of January.That gave him about 2 weeks to get it out. it is now 3 weeks later ,no response, no mat!

this has gone on since November 2008, making it roughly 14 months ago!!

I see that he just renewed his ad last week with his mats listed. I just dont understand how an item can be continually listed for sale when it cannot be shipped out. I have already paid for this mat years ago, stupidly returned it and now I am paying the price.

All I want is what I paid for. Im tired of excuses. I have better things to do than follow up on something like this on a monthly basis.

Please just return the mat!

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another month has passed since my post above.
The day of my post(above) I received another response from David regarding my floor mat after he was allerted of my posting in feedback.

2/05/10 - I will make some time to finish your mat and DHL it to you this month.

I have not heard a peep since that response and I still have no mat.

All I ask is to return the mat that I sent back to you, unaltered.No need to make your die cuts as was intended 15 months ago.

The products are nice, but the service is sketchy. I paid for the mat long ago because I wanted one. I dont want the money back, I want the mat to complete my bus.

Is it really that difficult to box my mat(or one that has not been "updated") and send it out to please a customer rather than playing this cat and mouse game?

come on man, just ship it out and send me a tracking number to show its on the way.

15 months !!!

I will gladly note in this feedback that i have received it and surely be happy that I have it again .

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
exotic plants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time ago I bought rubber door stops from Dave for my '60 panel.

When I got around to replacing them on my bus I realized he sent me later style, which are larger, and will not work.

So I contacted Dave regarding this. To my surprise he denied me exchange? He claimed the bag they were in was not a bag he uses?

After receiving such an outlandish reply I did not feel comfortable pursuing it further, fearing if I mailed the door stops back I could be left with nothing at all.

Buyer beware. I would never do business with Dave again!
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Month 16!! Rolling Eyes
It has been 2 months since I had last heard from David and as noted in my last monthly installment,his regular empty promise
Quote:
2/05/10 - I will make some time to finish your mat and DHL it to you this month.

2 months later to no surprise, I have no floor mat.

Seriously David, why can you not just grab an unfinished mat,box it up and send it out to me?Its that simple! NO modification necessary! Return the mat as i returned it to you! If it means I have to pay shipping once again,so be it.
I dont want the money,I can earn money elsewhere ,I cant just go out and get a barndoor floor mat .This is why I purchased one of the first ones from you when they were reproduced! I also suggested and helped checking the market for cargo mats for you. I most certainly wont be going down that road any longer after all of this.

So here we are, 16 months passed, still nothing to show, no more responses to my emails.
Maybe one of these months I can actually post something good in here.

Whaaaaat?
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my third delivery from David, again fast delivery smooth transaction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
runewo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I should have checked the feedback forum before I placed my order with David..

Ordered various rubber parts for my barndoor a couple of months ago.
Paid using PayPal, and the package turned up not long after, only that about half the ordered and paid for parts were missing....
Let him know on an e-mail, and he promised to get the rest out within a couple of days.. Well, that's the last I have heard and seen of the stuff.. No more replies, no nothing.... What is going on David?
73 Porsche 911
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A customer of mine ordered a couple sets of BD wiper shaft rubbers and they actually showed up in a couple weeks, mailed from Newport Beach, Cali.

I was shocked. I like a lot of Davids products but will only buy them when I know he's in the country, has them in stock, or from him in person at a show, which I haven't seen him at any in a couple years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be VERY VERY weary of dealing with David Fuentes (NOS PARTS)
To add to my above previous posts, I am now going on 28 MONTHS and still no floor mat.

not long after my posting in here David stopped responding to me. I have heard from him only a few times after having to ask other people who know him,for some advice or help.

after hearing from him last and his persistence in offering up a cash refund because he "cant make the mat" rather than waiting on his empty promises I finally caved last month and asked for the cash refund to just get out of this ridiculous deal. I still have yet to hear anything from him and yet he still places new classifieds looking for new victims.

Take your chances.I will certainly never ever deal with him again and I will be sure to let anyone know of my dealings with him up to this point.

At this point I can only assume I am not only out the floor mat that I once had, but now i have no reason to expect a cash refund either.

Thanks for nothing David.

Whaaaaat?
pcalbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Great Experience! Reply with quote

I have read many of the feedbacks about negative experiences with David, but mine was definitely positive. I bought a decent pair of original safari window frames from him this past weekend. We agreed on terms including the timing of shipping and he did exactly as promised. I paid him on Sunday, he shipped on Monday, and I received the frames in the condition I expected yesterday (Thursday). I can't speak for anyone else, but my experience was as good as I could have expected. Thanks David!
Kommercial
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I had bought two BD mats from david which I picked up at OCTO, and he had also emailed me asking me to return them so he could replace them with updated sets. So I guess all the sets had isssues? He did offer that if I bring them to OCTO, he would just switch them out. Other things got in the way and I never took him up on his offer though.

On a side note, I did buy some rubber bits from him on ebay around the same time and they showed up within a reasonable time. I do not see any ads from him currently advertising his rubber reproductions.
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it has been just a tad over 3 years of waiting but I am pleased to note that David has finally followed through and shipped a front floor mat back to me.
He was apologetic and noted the reasons of medical issues that he is finally overcoming.
I am not happy with the way it carried out but I am happy that I finally got the product returned.
I guess like others have noted or told me personally, David may take a long time but he will come through eventually.
His products are nice . I wish I could say that I would gladly do future business with him but the truth is, unless it is something of a small cost , I would prefer only to purchase from him in person.
So I would say at this point I am stuck in the middle at neutral.

Whaaaaat?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: