Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fight Cancer... Join the Battle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks for the donation Randy.

The event is just one week away and today our team passed the $20,000. It's not too late to donate..

100% of your donation will be researching cures for rare cancers in just 6 months.

http://mskcc.convio.net/goto/glennring

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Gary (RHD Notch).

BTW, since 2007 Cycle for Survival has raised over $10,000,000 and every penny has gone to research.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks for what you are doing Glenn, and thanks to all TheSamba folks who have donated.

We lost a good friend this past year to cancer. She was diagnosed shortly after her daughter was born. I would love to never see another 7-year-old have to attend her mother's funeral.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Thanks Gary (RHD Notch).

BTW, since 2007 Cycle for Survival has raised over $10,000,000 and every penny has gone to research.

I wish more people would donate Glenn...however small. A lot of donors giving a little is where the real difference is made. I have lost so many friends and family members to this devastating disease and word of yet more people fighting for their lives only comes faster the older I get.

Thank you for making a difference...
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

RHD Notch wrote:
I wish more people would donate Glenn...however small. A lot of donors giving a little is where the real difference is made.

The act if giving is a great reward. the amount doesn't matter as much as just doing it. The $5 and $10 donations do add up.

RHD Notch wrote:
I have lost so many friends and family members to this devastating disease and word of yet more people fighting for their lives only comes faster the older I get.

Thank you for making a difference...

Everyday is a day closer to new treatments and possible cures.

Cycle for Survival raises money for rare cancers. The ones the major organizations don't fund. 100% of every dollar does to research within 6 months. It is not used for any administrative costs.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

I'm off to the event. Our team raised $23,778. Thanks to all that donated and for your support.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

We're done, it was exhausting but well worth it. Out ream raised $23,900 and we still have until the end of March to reach $25K.

Thank's to all those that donated and sent words of encouragement.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Here's some numbers:
$4000 - I was able to raise
$25,000 - raised by our team
$25,285,539 - raised nation wide this year alone
$101,000,000 - raise in the 10 years that Cycle for Survival has existed

There were a number of people that got up between the session that spoke about how the funding for rare cancers has helped them, but it was the 6 year old girl that got up and spoke about her personal battle this hit the hardest. At the end one of the doctors from MSKCC spoke how the money raised last year has been used and they are starting 2 new clinical trials on sub types of leukemia.

Unfortunately, my friend Sue was unable to attend this year. After 5 years battling brain cancer, she's had a major set back and simply doesn't have the strength both physically or emotionally to come. She remains in our prayers, but we all knew this day would come. We thank all those that did Cycle for Survival before we got involved. That funded research, along with the great doctors at MSKCC, gave her quality years that she wouldn't of have if this event didn't exist. Sue's battle will soon end, but we fight one for those that are to be diagnosed in the future. To give them hope and pay it forward in the belief that one day no one will die from these rare cancers.

Once again I thank you all and for your support and hope i can count on you again next year.

Here's our team
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

With great sadness, Sue passed away this morning. She was surrounded by family and her 5 year battle with brain cancer is over.

But there are others out there still fighting, so please say a prayer for her and continue your support so in the future the war against cancer will be won.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Today I started my fund raising for 2017.

This is my 5th year and the 1st year without Sue.

I set the same goal as last year, $2500, but have lost a few family member that donated larger amounts. I hope to make it up by getting more $10 and $25 donations.

I've already received $135 this morning alone.

You donate directly to Memorial Sloan Kettering and your donation is tax deductible.

Also know that 100% of every dollar goes to research within 6 months. It does not go to salaries, swag or any administrative costs. Those are all paid for by corporate sponsors.

I hope I can count on you for a donation.... even $5 donations add up.

http://mskcc.convio.net/goto/glennring

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ev and Jen for your donation.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks for the donation Jim (Zundfolge1432)

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Rick (60ragtop) I appreciate the support for the past few years.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Joe(super79vert) for your support.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks John (bigdog1962)...

Yesterday was a great day... $310. All with small donations, they add up fast.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Doug(draginink).

It's been awhile. Hard to believe that Brad is gone 7 years.

And for anyone who think "I won't get cancer", they should read about Brad who died of testicular cancer at the age of only 25.... think about it.

Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009)

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Mike (Bucky).

$380 in just 2 days..

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Hey Chris, thanks for the donation. I hope to make it to one of the CT shows in 2017 and i'll buy you a beverage of your choice.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

Last edited by Glenn on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Larry(OBus), thanks.

$655 from 13 donors... most from The Samba.

Now I have to kick my family's butt.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Phil (KTPhil). Every dollar bring a cure that much closer.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, you push it over the $700 mark.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: