Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 191, 192, 193  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Final got my bargain basement test cable working had 2 fault codes one for the coolant sensor and the other for the O2 sensor... Codes are now clear ...just have to swap out the coolant sensor....will post photo later of my cable enjoy my car now for awhile
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

I'd suggest to clear the codes, drive it a bit and then see if they show up again. Coolant and oxygen sensors can go bad, but it may also be an electric gremlin to relay 30 or the ecu itself.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Thanks Garba Last time the O2 sensor was kind of crunched, then replaced, as the famous coolant sensor it was showing problems in the past and needs replacing since it was only cleaned last time and thanks to amazon I got a replacement, the main problem was having to cable make contact properly and when it did after a few hours of jiggling I was able to get the system to read. To which codes where cleared, when I get the chance I will run it through again and take it for a burn.... Still have thought about Carb-in the car just do not want it to look crappy backyard type fix... but today the ECU got a reprieve....

*check this page on how to get your cable and Xtool to fix your Mexi-Beetle*
Later
Sam
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

put new coolant sensor in still ran with an error except without the O2 sensor ...Cleared the codes took Rusty for a Spin and went to 80MPH SO STOKED.....Will test it again tomorrow ...now need to find an coolant sensor plug as it looks like the other might be pinched...
Sam
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Need some help been looking for the 2 pin socket /plug for the coolant sensor that shows up as a white plug in the engine bay... not finding the right words or numbers any help will be good...Thanks
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

you mean the female connector on the loom for the sensor? try searching Herth-Buss 50290211 for the shell (some ebay vendors sell the shell complete with crimp-on connectors in kits). or VW/Audi repair pigtail 357972752, with the connector pre-wired but still requining to be spliced in the loom.

edit: wrong part number provided, I mixed up the catalog. the corrct one is the one posted further on by Sotobaggins.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v

Last edited by GArBa on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Yes sir that's what I am looking for I will try both Thanks Garba... now we have this up for future references...Sam
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

OEM VW 037 906 240 found this and it comes with connectors and can be found on ebay here is the link it comes in from Latvia https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-VW-Skoda-VAG-2-pin-c...mp;vxp=mtr
Happy hunting Fi fans as we have found another plug....
Sam
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

sorry I mixed up my connectors. the one I've posted will not work with the sensor! I'll edit my post to avoid confusione.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Hello World!
The calendar winter will end soon, but it will be possible to come out to roads in Moscow not earlier than April therefore it is necessary to awake and roll occasionally the car on a parking. The first that pleasantly you feel having opened month the standing old car it is a smell in cabin, and after start pleasant notes of gasoline and oil + old plastic, rubber elements, the car which is just bought in salon, and that a controversial issue what smell is better can kill this smell of the old car, probably.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Link

Temperature in a parking about +13+15 of Celsius, it is wet as a lot of snow conceals from the neighborhood cars, but ventilation, the truth after my circular race works well. In this thread I show you how I wake up the Bug in winter period, each one month.

Link

Link

Link

Link

mightywizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Sotobaggins wrote:
I read on a post on the Mexican/Brazilian Registry on face book about a guy who changed his ECU for a Megasquirt system and supposedly it works better than the ECU digifant and I was wondering if it is true and is it just plug and play... Please post thoughts and cases if you have done it...

I have converted my stock 1998 Mexibug to Megasquirt 2 + wasted spark for the ignition (getting rid of the distributor)

There was a lot to learn and I had help but it has made a huge difference to the way my car drives. From new I was unable to hold reves at between idle and 1150 rpm. The car would literally jump from idle to 1150 if I pressed slightly on the gas This made driving the car lumpy in traffic.

I sent my ECU to Manfred in Germany and he installed a 1603 chip which gave me more power but still didn't get rid of the flat spot.

Now I have MS installed I have lots more power, it smoother and the flat spot has gone. The power is there throughout the rev range too.

Here is a video of idle before and after I installed Megasquirt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2rNJ0L_PMo

All the sensors, injectors, idle valve and much of the wiring are the same.

Mario from Dubshop sold me the parts and provided assistance - he's a great guy and highly recommended.
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Ok Mexivolks fans .... I have another ebay question where can I find the Intake air temperature sensor, NTC 1
Ansaugluft Temperatursensor, NTC 1, 30 Gramm1HM 906 501

so far not finding even on the Latvia site .... any alt numbers....????
Just to let you know the coolant sensor that's used for the cylinder head is in short order and only on ebay...
Let me know
Sam
PS as for the white connector for the coolant sensor ...check your local parts store they have the part with ponytail.... sorry no blue ones
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Got mine through VW classic parts. At the time I had to order it through a VW dealer.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

looking not finding the Blue or the white alternative keep getting Temp senor...
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Sorry I'm having a hard time following your toughts. so you are after the color-coded connector, not the sensor itself. In this case your best options reside with Antonio.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

In my opinion, the best place to search genuine VW parts made in Mexico for the Mexican Beetle... is Mexico, not Lithuania or Moldavia.
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

I love that Tony is there ...... Even if the mailing is overly expensive.
Also as a Supply Guy myself I love the challenge of researching and finding parts and resources connections make the chase better as I used to do this in the Military...
And with any other info I find I am willing to pass on and help others too...
Thanks
Sam
Sotobaggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

https://refaccionariamario.com/ Found this interesting website thanks to Special Edition Beetles...Trying to find out if they ship overseas....
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

Last time I checked, they didn't. they sponsor an interesting youtube channel though.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
hopkin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official Mexican / Brazilian Beetles - All years Reply with quote

GArBa wrote:
Last time I checked, they didn't. they sponsor an interesting youtube channel though.

This is on their FAQ page, translated to English:

Quote:
I'm from another country that is not Mexico. I can buy?
Unfortunately for the moment our online store only supports sales within Mexico, but we are solving that! Meanwhile if you are from outside of Mexico you can send us an email to [email protected] with the keys of the products that interest you, and including your address and zip code, to be able to quote the international shipping through UPS.

I might just give them a try Smile .
1972 914 (past)
1991 Honda Civic (Original Owner)
1996 'Open Air' Mexican Beetle (current)
2015 Golf (current)
2017 Dune Edition (daughter's car)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 191, 192, 193  Next
Jump to:
Page 72 of 193

Jump to: