Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Light switch bracket question
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jm13004
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Light switch bracket question Reply with quote

My light switch is bad (ohm tested it). I would like to use the light switch with screw terminals on the right which appears to be from an early beetle, but the bracket attachment is different. I have a 57' Single Cab. Is there to remove the angle bracket from the light switch without breaking it? I did a search and failed to find a solution.
Thanks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Light switch bracket question Reply with quote

Just straighten out that beetle bracket and drill/tap a new hole need be.
coolerthanelvis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Light switch bracket question Reply with quote

Drill out the two rivets holding the metal can on each switch and swap them. Replace with #4 screws and nuts/lockwashers. Maybe add a dab of green locktite for peace of mind. The head of the #4 screw will fit nicely in the recess of the bakelite on the back side, nuts/lockwashers go on the "front" metal side.
SV2s member #420
'68 Westy

"Do or do not, there is no try."
-Silent Bob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jm13004
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Light switch bracket question Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
I just obtained an early screw terminal light switch. I'm going to try your suggestion though Elvis and and keep a good spare.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Light switch bracket question Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=710114&highlight=headlight+switch
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: