Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Vanagon People!

I wonder, how many are using their Van for the Holiday?

A guest room?
The main dining hall?
Travel Pod?

Mine?
Mine will sit motionless and quiet.
You see, it snowed a little this week and the local DOT's went insane with deicers that were not needed for the seasons warm and light first storm!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Mine will be housing my kids while the visiting family members sleep in the kids room. The kids are psyched.

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Thanksgiving was six weeks ago.
Mine will be driving me to work.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rustfree1967bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Unfortunately they have put salt on the roads already otherwise i would have been taking it on a 3 hour round trip to family's house for the day.
'66 sunroof beetle
'74 bus
'67 so-42

IDA's...well... they talk dirty -MURZI
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Ours will be heading to the market for last minute Thanksgiving shopping this morning. Then it will be entertaining our next door neighbor kids.

Craig
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

I'll be starting the strip down process later today for an upcoming paint job. Don't know how far I will get before the tryptophan kicks in and I want to take a nap.
silversync
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

It will be an escape pod because "the guys" will hang out by the van next to the garage and do guy stuff as "the girls" spend all day making the kitchen look like a hurricane came through.
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

silversync wrote:
It will be an escape pod because "the guys" will hang out by the van next to the garage and do guy stuff as "the girls" spend all day making the kitchen look like a hurricane came through.

X2
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

We drove it down to the inlaws with the whole smoking apparutus and food packed. This is the first Thanksgiving that we will not be camping with friends near water. So we are posted up at the inlaws. We are camping in the driveway, doing small projects to the van while monitoring the smoke on the bird. The best day of the year for me, beer, camping and good food!
I have a blanket on the smoker to keep my temps up. cold and really windy! You can even see the little bit of smoke!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

It's going to transport our family of 3 to my aunt & uncles house 2 miles away. These relatives had 2 Vanagons from new in the 80s so a lot of Vanagon related memories.
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

The refrigerator in this Vanagon contains fifteen pounds of smoked turkey and fifteen pounds of smoked ribs, plus a growler full of something called "Breakfast Stout" and a pan of turkey tetrazzini. And a pumpkin pie.

We are camped on the sunny, warm beach of Mustang Island State Park. Flying kites, making amateur radio contacts (with a kite flown antenna, to WA, AZ, MS, and CT so far), sleeping, reading, and kayaking.

Kourt
RyanKE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Got pretty far off the road camping in Canyon De Guadalupe, Mexico the past few days. Had a blast driving across the dry lake bed and the "not-so-dry" river bed to get there. Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving!

pablum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

My van says BIC SANKS to the vanagon community and its aftermarket for all the help he's had since last year! That's a grin he's got on, although his teeth are black. And don't mind the accent. Even after 30 years... dem rigid chermins.
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

mines front end is under construction Shocked short ride for alignment, then a long winters nap Cool
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Looks like a SCUD missile launcher!
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Those Mexico shots are rad! Looks like we're only 12.5hrs away, care if we join you?

Temps a bit different for us at ~11,000ft, a bit of a chill when the sun has set. Good test for the Espar which worked just fine.

0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Quote:
Canyon De Guadalupe, Mexico

NICE ! ! !

would you mind to tell how to get there?

thanks
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Gave my bus the day off. It's my daily driver, but I borrowed a Subie for last minute errands. A little faster a little more maneuverable. Thought it might be needed as an escape pod, but the family played nice today. Possible road trip to watch my niece in the California State Cross Country champs.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

I ambled out to my shop and stared at my van up on stands, while thinking about the good folks freezing their bums off at Standing Rock.
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Thanksgiving! How is your Vanagon involved? Reply with quote

Van was holding our new couch which we bought last Sunday but didn't get
in the house until today...saved the $90 delivery charge...ka-CHING!

(Might have gotten it in the house earlier but wife took a fall getting the old
couch out, resulting in broken ankle & 2 nights in hospital...sorry, dear...
)

In hindsight, I would rather have dropped the coin and saved her ankle...

Sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: