Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early vs late clutch action
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject: Early vs late clutch action Reply with quote

Question of the day:
There is a marked difference between my 4/55 and 11/55 beetles clutch operates.
Is there a difference in the clutch feel between early and late Ovals?
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Early vs late clutch action Reply with quote

Ted2 wrote:
Question of the day:
There is a marked difference between my 4/55 and 11/55 beetles clutch operates.
Is there a difference in the clutch feel between early and late Ovals?
Thanks

In my opinion you need to look at what your issue is. They do not operate differently. You may have a carbon bearing on one, a roller type on the other, mix matched parts, new vs old, a cable fraying etc.

this is akin to "I have a check engine light on, what could it be" or "How long is a string".
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Early vs late clutch action Reply with quote

Do you what pressure plate is on each? I have found a massive difference in feel between spring vs diaphragm style. I prefer the original spring style.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ted2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Early vs late clutch action Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.
The clutch has been adjusted but I haven't pulled the engine to see what clutch is in the '55.
The operation just feels different than on the '56.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: