Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

License plate light help
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
childofthewind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: License plate light help Reply with quote

This might be one of those painfully obvious explanations, but I'm a little stumped with a license plate light issue.

My driver side license plate light does not work. Upon further investigation (after checking the functioning bulb) I noticed that the wires to the passenger side lights are connected (the one's in the pic) but the driver side wires are disconnected with no connecting wires to be found, I've looked and felt around everywhere.

Question

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote." - Melville
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The harness gets pushed behind the overflow tank and can be hard to find. It should be there.
If not, you could jump or combine the wires from the two lights as they go to the same wires anyway.
childofthewind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to reply "I've checked everywhere and it's truly nowhere to be found!" but made myself go dig around one more time and sure enough there it was behind and nearly beneath the expansion tank.

Thanks insyncro; more than anything I just needed to hear that it had to be there somewhere.

Smile

“As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote." - Melville
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: