Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1960bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's it for ever getting mats. Very sorry for those who lost money I was lucky when I came to order I couldn't bring myself to pay out and wait over what I thought would be a year.

1958 Ghia Vert
1960 RHD Deluxe Microbus
1966 RHD Devon Kombi
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you have no chance with paypal and with credit card companies as it's long passed the date to raise a dispute. Looks like a sizable amount of money is outstanding as I read in one of the previous posts he said he had 10 orders to make matts for but I would say the figure would be higher than that based on the posts here.

I would say the money has long been spent and looks like a write off unless you want to spend money to get it back Sad at least he is no longer advertising on the samba but I note he does have a website that still has ordering details which could still hook in some new people.
boinkffd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to keep trying on contacting John. So far I have received no return calls.
racoguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threaten him with legal action. Posting on FB and not returning emails / messages is complete BS.
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boinkffd wrote:
I'm going to keep trying on contacting John. So far I have received no return calls.

can you please post his phone number and any other details here. Everyone thats ordered mats should call and call and call until we get an answer.
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
boinkffd wrote:

can you please post his phone number and any other details here. Everyone thats ordered mats should call and call and call until we get an answer.

Or till he changes his number.. let it go, he ripped all of you off with no intention of producing those mats.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
boinkffd wrote:

My experience of people with problems like this is that all calls and emails disappear into an unused "black hole" where the problem to all intents and purposes, no longer exists. As soon as they dip into that "black hole" their problem is back so answering just one email or call would be more than they can handle.

This topic is also in the "black hole" so say what you like here...you're just talking to John's other customers. I'd like to think there is a solution to this where you'd all get your money back but...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked
This thread for me is about something very-very scary: paying upfront and in good faith, and then consequently getting nothing ... and the payments are not for 5 pennies either.
That really sucks.
No matter what the reason might be for Lemke to not deliver what he has promised and was paid for, this sort of bad business practices are a huge stab at the aircooled VW scene.

Reading this thread and also the other thread called "John Lemke Mats" here on theSamba.com, my advice to Lemke would only be one: man up, answer the questions of your customers who trusted you enough to pay you upfront (and apparently some of them have been waiting for years to receive their order?), and start paying back people their hard earned money, because it does not look like you can still deliver.
Otherwise this shit-show is starting to look more and more like you know what....
But then again, I doubt this post will reach Lemke in the first place..... (should I have posted it on Facebook? Wink I checked out the above Facebook link and see quite some activity).

Let's put it politely and just say that I generally hate scammers. And so does my baseball bat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP...Lemke was charging $400 for a friggin' bulkhead mat Shocked

This Newton Commercial carpet kit that I put in my '67 came with the bulkhead mat already attached and it's an exact copy of the original. And the entire carpet kit cost less than $400!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you need one of these mats, try contacting Newton. They may be able to sell you just the bulkhead mat alone, and I'm sure it would be far less than $400.

http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/home/
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're comparing apples to oranges, the Lemke mat is a complete bulkhead mat with no carpet.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

If you are the person who lent John their original Bulkhead Mat for copying or know who lent it please PM me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

I was the first guy to lend John a bulkhead mat.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1...p;start=80

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1...;start=100

A second benevolent soul subsequently lent a really nice mat.
26kick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Lemke? I just passed my 3 year anniversary of paying $300 to John and no mats or response to messages.

Is anyone else making ghia mats these days?
trus1959
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

i am the person who lent John my original Bulkhead Mat for copying it for my second lowligt projet and had no contact with her since. I will probably park my westfalia in his driveway until he gave me back my mats. This guy alway tell i will made those mats but never delevery the mats.(sorry for my english)
trus1959
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

Just speak with John Lemke about my bulkhead mat he borrows from me in 2013.
he said he is working to finish the mold and hope finish it in couple of mounts, maybe a light at the end of tunels.
Florent Rolling Eyes
26kick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

Interesting that you were able to get ahold of him. Did you or he happen to mention all of the floor mats that are still back ordered?
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

Quote:
he said he is working to finish the mold and hope finish it in couple of mounts, maybe a light at the end of tunels.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
boinkffd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

I recived an email from John in reply to mine. John said that he would finish the mats or offer refund .

No reply to my second email asking for how someone would go about getting the refund.
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

i've been emailing John for three years, just like everyone else and there is no response, been waiting three and a half years...I don't want a refund I want my RHD mats!! If he's doing the bulkhead mat....why, given he has back orders for the mats.......this is sooo frustrating.
Brassneck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: List of Customers of Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

For what it's worth...back at the end of 2013 and early 2014, I had reached out to John (he lives in Seattle- not sure where) as I had a little free time and had been reading about the delay on the mats. I think around that time he had faced some computer issues and lost the order list, etc.. So I offered to help him (Unpaid) so that the production could get done and shipped, as well as get the "heat" off of him...and perhaps I could also get a set of mats out of the deal-- plus it would be cool to help out the Ghia community at large.

Unfortunately, my efforts were fruitless. I had made contact and we had exchanged a few message...but he was very non-committal. After a few attempts to talk and some very delayed responses (from him)... I ultimately had to rescind my offer to him as I couldn't commit to something/someone that couldn't commit to me/my time.

Here's my last PM to him in Feb. 2014,
Brassneck wrote:
Hi John,

I've called a few times, but its gone to voicemail each time...and I've left a few messages (from before and then again at the end of January), but not sure if you've gotten them?

Anyways, I would love to help as I mentioned and I've tried to keep my calendar "open" anticipating some time to get the mats going...but unfortunately, I can't keep stalling my commitments on weekends/evenings without knowing what the work is like and time needed for it.

At this point, unless we can connect very soon and I have an idea of what's involved, I'm going to have to rescind my offer to help out. I'm sorry to do that, but I just don't see any other option.

Please let me know."

He responded one last time, and asked for me to call...which I did, and of course didn't get a hold of him, nor a returned call. Sad

I'm only bringing this up as I hate seeing this thread go on without resolution. But based on my attempts to help, and not getting any follow-up or commitment when help was offered....I don't think the mats will ever be made, and hopefully people will see this before they place any orders with John.

It's too bad that something else couldn't be done... I'm sorry for those that have lost $.

(John, if you read this, I will have time this summer and would be happy to help get these done).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: