Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oldkars56 - [email protected] - Don Malcom
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: oldkars56
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 02, 2021
ChinnFamily
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: oldkars56 - [email protected] - Don Malcom Reply with quote

Do NOT buy anything from Don Malcom, oldkars56, Don Malcom@comcast.net. His word can NOT be trusted.
He sold us a vehicle with a bogus inspection from a shop called Floyd Imports in Springfield Illinois. He completely misrepresented the shape the 2001 Eurovan GLS was in. He said he was in the middle of converting it to a camper when he decided to buy something different. He had cut the top off the GLS and modified it with a Westie poptop. The interior was gutted except for front seats. We now think this vehicle had been under water because of extreme rust on interior hardware as well as ongoing intermittent electrical issues. The laundry list of what needed to be repaired was 2 pages.
We bought the van through the internet. It was in Illinois. He knew that we would realize the full extent of the issues after we got it to Colorado, where we were having another inspection. Once we had crossed the country, it was too costly to get it back to him or to sue him.
After we saw the van, we realized that he had used photoshop to alter the photos to hide the fact that the topper was a different color than the van. My husband is a photographer and I would not say this lightly.
It is our opinion that he finds old VW vans in disrepair and cuts off the tops to convert them into campers, or rapes and pillages them to sell them for more money than they are worth, and has no problem lying to people about the condition of the vehicle. This man had no conscience. He is a pretender and a fraud.
oldkars56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: oldkars56 - [email protected] - Don Malcom Reply with quote

Wow this was brought to my attention today and I am quit shocked of the slander. This person knew exactly what she was buying and even purchased a interior from a place in Iowa that I referred who to .. The problem here is that she took it to a shop to price what it would cost to install the interior and finish the camper conversion. She commented to me that the shop said the pop top install was done nicely.. I think she didn't have the money to pay someone to finish it .. I even told her to return it and I would refund what she paid for it but they didn't want to do that , They where talking about rust on bolts underneath the 'vehicle. Climates that use salt in winters that what happens to cars . Also Floyd Imports is one of the top VW shops around and by no means they would give a bogus inspection for $60.00 so I could sell a Vw van . I took it there at her request. I was hesitant to respond to such ridiculous statements but I felt i had too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: