Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mini Kitchen
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
adv rider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Mini Kitchen Reply with quote

Has anyone seen these mini kitchen set-ups in person? I'm figuring it would be someone in Europe. It looks like a great set-up for your Vw routan, Toureg, or whatever. Or maybe the company that makes them also makes a set-up that would work in Tintops, or Weekenders.

http://www.bikemag.com/inspiration/enzed-part-six-livin-van-river/
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo........
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini Kitchen Reply with quote

adv rider wrote:
Has anyone seen these mini kitchen set-ups in person? I'm figuring it would be someone in Europe. It looks like a great set-up for your Vw routan, Toureg, or whatever. Or maybe the company that makes them also makes a set-up that would work in Tintops, or Weekenders.

http://www.bikemag.com/inspiration/enzed-part-six-livin-van-river/

Can't see that working in any Vanagon because of the height over the engine compartment vs. bedding height. But, yeah, I guess it's cool for a Touareg, etc… except they should have made the cooler lid flat for even more counter/work space. And ideally it is a 12v fridge, not a cooler (which it does appear to be). And… where's the stove?
goffoz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For people like me who have a tintop passenger van
I could see putting that inside on the drivers wall, mounted on a grub-box
then you would have a removable kitchen unit Very Happy nice
thatvwbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vents on the bottom of the cooler definitely make me think that it is 12V powered, not filled with ice.

The kitchen design is not super appealing to me, but I have definitely become spoiled by the Westfalia kitchen over the years.

It looks like the NZ based rental company in the article also has offices here in Califinia and Las Vegas: http://www.jucyrentals.com/vehicles/jucy-champ.aspx

The US campers spec a 35L compressor fridge and two single burner stoves. The conversions are based off the Chrysler Town & County (isn't that the same as the VW Routan?) The addition of a rooftop tent allows 4 people to travel in relative comfort.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
adv rider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: kitchen Reply with quote

Its too bad Jucy's website didn't have a more info about the products used for their rentals. I wonder if they had them made to their specs. Or just bought off the shelf items. Seems like a good alternative to small rv rentals. On a cross country trip,the gas savings would be a +.
thatvwbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the kitchen gear is all made to their specs based on the company logo that appears to be cast into the front panel. This video shows a walk-thru of all of the features:

Link

On the website I noticed that they have an extra security deposit for people going to Burning Man and a note that you can't use the upper bed in the desert (since it would be like an oven up there in the sun with the dark purple top). I wonder how many people actually manage to get enough of the playa dust out to get the whole security deposit back Wink

The biggest downfall I can see with their setup is the lack of solar to recharge the auxiliary battery. Seems like a 100W semi-flexible panel glued down to the shell of the rooftop tent would be a great addition to their fleet.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Royb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being the former owner of a green and purple Trooper, i gotta say, the weakest aspect is the hideous paint jobs on their rigs. I realize they want to get noticed to build the brand of small rental campers, but getting noticed in National Parks is pretty obnoxious. Harrumph!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: