Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

3D Printing Vanagon parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Good - more!!

What we really need is quality replacement tanks - such as the vacuum formed coolant tank, and the newly pictured brake reservoir (on a thread today).

Things that are durable but not as expensive as the steel RME replacement...
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Could you please explain a little bit what do you mean by a "recessed lip" to avoid the screws? I assume you refer to the aux battery, is that correct?

Currently I don't have the aux battery cover installed (I have a taller battery installed) - however, I'll be starting a GW lithium battery installation soon, and I'm curious to see if I could print a cover (precisely to avoid the shorting scenario problem).

Merian wrote:
how about a cover for the battery box that has a recessed lip on it so you can avoid all the screws?

and plastic so there is no danger of shorting out the terminals

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

a "recessed lip" would look a bit like a lap seam in Xsection

it would lie along the rear edge (furthest under the seat) and you could jam it under the lip on the box at the rear so you could avoid the 2 screws there (and not have to move the seat to get to them).

Then the "front" (i.e. nearest the cargo are, really towards the rear of the Van) could still use screws or a latch or elastic to hold down the cover (cover might be in slight tension)

I may not be too good at explaining...
beach_creature
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Has anyone done a 3D print of the heater control cover? Looks like the front plate is the important part. The back plate can be glued to the front cover plate with the light diffuser sandwiched in between.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

If all you need is the front portion, I can make one....

Message me: [email protected]

www.uniwerksdesign.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

My gauge cluster is suffering from lack of attachment points...three out of four tabs are non existent.

Does anyone make 3d printed tabs that can be epoxied to the stock cluster to strengthen and in some cases regain some mounting tabs?

I would buy some.
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

If you had clicked on the link in Herr unibagels sig, you would have found these Wink -

http://uniwerksdesign.com/product/vanagon-instrument-cluster-tab-kit/
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
If you had clicked on the link in Herr unibagels sig, you would have found these Wink -

http://uniwerksdesign.com/product/vanagon-instrument-cluster-tab-kit/

Thanks RoryGirl! Yes, these work really well, no gluing needed! I have them in my Van. Wink

www.uniwerksdesign.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Sweet!

Order placed for both my vans!
richarky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I ordered gauge pod and a fridge vent cover form unibagel, they all look great. I especially like the little westy's for the vent holes.

I installed a locking under seat drawer and realized I needed to replace my rotating seat bushings (one was completely gone). Made the upper and lower bushings. Here's the link to it on Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4077503
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I will further heap more praise on Chris / www.uniwerksdesign.com

I placed an order on Saturday, December 28 and it was in my mailbox on Monday, December 30. A distance from NY to NC. When I opened my mailbox and saw a package, I was wondering what else I had ordered, because I surely did not expect that my Uniwerks Design order had already arrived. The products I've ordered from Uniwerks have performed beautifully. I have all confidence in Uniwerks and will always support those businesses whose dedication to keeping our aging Buses on the road and customer care are equally matched. As more parts become NLA and our Buses continue to age, the service Uniwerks Design offers will be indispensable.
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Thank you Creative Native!

I ship out as fast as possible because that's how I would want it if I was a customer. If I can ship it out cheaper, I will refund you the difference as well. Wink

www.uniwerksdesign.com
VicVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

unibagel wrote:
Thank you Creative Native!

I ship out as fast as possible because that's how I would want it if I was a customer. If I can ship it out cheaper, I will refund you the difference as well. Wink

Hi Unibagel,

What's your shipping policy to Canada?
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I ship to Canada and overseas weekly. No worries. Probably best to email me directly: [email protected]

www.uniwerksdesign.com
lucianosanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Hey guys. I thought it would be cool if we could get a 3D printed model of our vans.

This guy is awesome at 3D designs. He creates very elaborate and detailed prints that come together like puzzles; truly amazing. I just put in a request for him to design a VW Westfalia. Please go vote for the design so he can design it and we can enjoy having them on our desks.

Vote here:
https://fab365.net/requests/78

Check out his 3D design of a VW Bug:
https://fab365.net/items/171

Thanks,
Luciano
geoffraynak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

well ... if 'that guy' DOES create the van ... I sure hope i get a discount on one ... since the one in the first pict is mine!!! HAHAHA
lucianosanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

geoffraynak wrote:
well ... if 'that guy' DOES create the van ... I sure hope i get a discount on one ... since the one in the first pict is mine!!! HAHAHA

I hope you are okay with that. It was one of the first I saw when I did a search. If not let me know and I will replace it. If he does make it I will print one for you Wink
geoffraynak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

it is awesome that you used mine

we love it and use it all the time here ... so glad others get to see it too!

cheers
geoff
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I was wondering if you could print the arm rest adjustment knob for a eurovan.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1337960.jpg

I could send in a good one to get printed. I was wondering if the splines inside would be durable enough if it were printed to keep from stripping.
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Anyone re-make the climate control levers?

I've seen some nice anodized aluminum ones for Bay windows - but nothing for the vanagon.

I still have what I think are original - but one is pretty much trashed, and I think a nice billet anodized aluminum set would be super nice...

Is anyone 3D printing metal parts? Or is that insanely expensive?

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 24

Jump to: