Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2015
vwsb74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Sad he is out! I bought a set two years ago and I was very happy with the quality and result!
2014 Honda odyssey
2180cc 48IDA clone
Xr310 cam =171hp@6k rpm sold so as the car😢
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

vwsb74 wrote:
Sad he is out! I bought a set two years ago and I was very happy with the quality and result!

would you be sad if you were one of the many who lost $$$$$$
Earthcreatur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

He's an ass and the left side is different than the right and
a teensy set screw to keep the torsion bar from sliding out into traffic?

Ben Hur?

Took 6 fckn months for my friend to get the right side.

Orig has 2 plates (irs)

Atomic Explosion Work U Over has only one but their second plate doubles as a second so i guess ...

Seem to work

No lock nut for adj bolt

i used a head nut

adj bolt too long - subject to bending

its 10 mm

should be 12 mm

like everybody else i think

no lock nut for cheesedick torsion spring microscopic retaining screw - peen, use locktite ... I guess

gobodingdong woiks
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

The business is located in the same area as my mother. Anyway, this says a lot ("F" rating):
https://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-reviews/auto-r...r-90002688

Some delays in custom manufacturing is understandable but the continuous, repetitive problem and weak excuses show a pattern. One of the replies to a complaint was they couldn't refund the money until they got money back into their account...sounds like robbing Peter to pay Paul and may explain much about their business practices. The fact that they point the finger to The Samba as the cause of their woes where ever they can on their business web site is disappointing on several levels. I would venture a guess it's their side-job since goat dairy appears to be their main form of livelihood.

Too bad as the product appears to be quality once it [eventually] lands at the customers feet.
The First Invasion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JPro62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a delivery yesterday. Very Happy
Charles sent the original swaybar kit back to me. Fits Z-bar style inner fenders. Won't work on my '62. Plan to sell it to recoup the money. Says he has a redesign in the works.
Clinton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

He's filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Guess his statement about always delivering not true. Waited since 2013 (he promised summer of 2013). No A.C.U. no refund.
manxnc53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Iv been fallowing this thread for a while. I didnt let him burn me the first time. Though i am genuinely sad he ran his company into the ground. I really really really wana lift the back of my buggy with out changing the spring rate. Charly,s spring plates would have been perfect. Fortunately Charles is gone and atomwerks is still around under new management. “They” said that i can get the spring plates in a month. Allso they are limiting the inventory as a slow restart. I should email them agian and invite them to talk with us on the tread. Come on, lets be honest. Charle’s had some great ideas and was most likely a pour business man that tried to go too far too fast. His wife was pretty hot too IIRC.

Tell you what after this, im gonna go email them. Find out if its just Charle’s new company or if they really have new management. What was Atomwerks original address, i wounder if the parent company moved them, or if Charles just changed names. If this is truly on the level, ill pay to play agian.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

manxnc53 wrote:
Iv been fallowing this thread for a while. I didnt let him burn me the first time. Though i am genuinely sad he ran his company into the ground. I really really really wana lift the back of my buggy with out changing the spring rate. Charly,s spring plates would have been perfect. Fortunately Charles is gone and atomwerks is still around under new management. “They” said that i can get the spring plates in a month. Allso they are limiting the inventory as a slow restart. I should email them agian and invite them to talk with us on the tread. Come on, lets be honest. Charle’s had some great ideas and was most likely a pour business man that tried to go too far too fast. His wife was pretty hot too IIRC.

Tell you what after this, im gonna go email them. Find out if its just Charle’s new company or if they really have new management. What was Atomwerks original address, i wounder if the parent company moved them, or if Charles just changed names. If this is truly on the level, ill pay to play agian.

Charles is still involved. Don't waste your time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
manxnc53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

ok so, i sent the email then i did some digging.

I still hate facebook but a creeper, gonna creep.

Atomwerk was created to bring top quality parts to the VW community by Charles Adams. Charles areas of expertise in engineering and product development helped him come up with parts that were nothing like anything being done in the VW world.

He came up with many top quality products for both front and rear suspensions. But being limited by being a one man operation with a small shop presented several issues he never anticipated including shipping delays etc unfortunately upsetting customers and frustrating Charles.

He realized his dream was not possible as a one man operation and a buyer approached him to purchase the Atomwerk product patents. Charles reluctantly sold to Insight Manufacturing in Salem, Oregon.
Insight MFG is a large established manufacturing company with a large milling and Machining Dept. and the ability to produce the products quickly.

We hope that you will ignore negative rumors from the past and judge Atomwerk on its current and NEW Business owner, products, and dedicated Shipping Department.

Our Lifetime Warranty with proof of proper installation is possible because we believe in our products quality and know they can take normal use without failing.

If any previous customers need to have parts warrantied please use the below contact information for help.

Please contact us, you won’t regret it!

Insight Manufacturing
To order contact Jena:
[email protected] or call 503-991-9478

and from charles facebook.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2105215489488486&id=100000001662809.

with all that copy and pasted, i think ill give them a try. maybe after Christmas. Do i wana 1” or 2” lift.
JPro62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

What patents did they buy? What about the people that lost money?
What company is Kinitec that is listed on his atomwerk website.
Maybe this thread should die now and a new Insight one started.
Does Charles work for Insite/Kinitec?
manxnc53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

As far as i can tell, he is no longer involved. Now that doesnt mean that he didn’t simply file chapter seven, then his wife “started” a company and got the rights to his stuff. We’ve all seen companies that are “owned” on paper by the wife for tax reasons. Could it be Jennifer masquerading as Jena, possibly. Thats why there needs to be more digging. I’ll check my email and see what she said.

As for the people who lost money, well sorry sucks to be you. Theres two types of chapter 7. One, the bank takes property and even real estate to be sold. Then those funds are used to pay debts. How ever i think only companies and financial institutions get any of that. Two, as i understand it your just insolvent and you debts are forgiven. Either way i dont think any one is legally obligated to honor the customers, i could be wrong. I mean, im not a finance person
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

JPro62 wrote:

Does Charles work for Insite/Kinitec?

It's pretty straightforward.
Same guy, different name.

"CJ Adams
December 11 at 5:55 PM ·
Proud to announce the official start-up of my new company, KiniTECH! Focusing on the engineering and manufacture of new products and inventions. Working for other companies for the last 2 years has been very educating and enlightening to me, but has also instilled in me the fact that I am an entrepreneur, and as such, I feel at home standing on new technological territory. This is my new company's focus and we have many items to get to and many new technologies to unveil!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2282261275117239
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
manxnc53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

...damn it, ok, maybe he will unfuck him self now. Im not gonna be the first to find out. Hell ill build my own plates and open source it. Yep, if i can do it so can you. Lets all stick it to charles.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

manxnc53 wrote:
I really really really wana lift the back of my buggy with out changing the spring rate.

The shape of the spring plate has no effect on the spring rate, so lift it any way you want. Lucky for you, you didn't lose money with charles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

What cluster! Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Actually (finally) received a pair of raised IRS spring plates for my Baja some time back and installed them. Working well so far.

Seemed to be good demand for the products. Charles coulda been a hero.
JPro62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I don't understand what company is what now.
It looks like Atomwerks is now called Kinitech.
But I thought the patents were sold to Insight Manufacturing.
The Insight email extension for ordering parts jena@NWFPM,
NWFPM appears to be NW FLUIDPOWER & MACHINING.
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

manxnc53 wrote:

I remember when he first popped on the scene and everyone ran him out of here for a product that he was told would !NEVER! work. Since, everyone and their grandmother has copied his idea. He might have ran his business to the ground BUT his ingenuity has stood the test of time!
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

busey wrote:
manxnc53 wrote:

I remember when he first popped on the scene and everyone ran him out of here for a product that he was told would !NEVER! work. Since, everyone and their grandmother has copied his idea. He might have ran his business to the ground BUT his ingenuity has stood the test of time!

What parts did he invent? I wasn’t paying close attention to his business but it seemed like most of what he made and sold had been available and done decades before he was around and is still available from other sources. We’re there any new concepts? From a casual glance it seemed like it was the same stuff with pretty translucent powdercoating and a nice logo.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:

What parts did he invent? I wasn’t paying close attention to his business but it seemed like most of what he made and sold had been available and done decades before he was around and is still available from other sources. We’re there any new concepts? From a casual glance it seemed like it was the same stuff with pretty translucent powdercoating and a nice logo.

I'll co-sign that
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

CampingBox, yes you are right you were not paying attention because if you had been paying attention you would have realized that the drama that he was getting was not about him being a copycat of a failed drop plate design, it was that his droplate design/concept would fail. Aaaand now everyone and their grandma has copied what 99% of those here on the samba said would NOT work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: