Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2015
3 Fold VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks man! I'll give you an update.
3 Fold VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

What address did you use to serve Charles? And, did you pay the $1.50 to have the directions and paperwork sent to you? Or, just printed it out from the internet? Thanks!
3 Fold VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

FYI...If anyone is wanting to file a small claim lawsuit, I was able to e-file via Oregon Judicial Courts. Very simple. I will help you complete forms and share the correct links with you. It cost me $59.99 to file. Then using the legal service Clinton previously provided, I will have them serve Charles and his business. Let me know. You do not have to PM me if you don't want to. That way it'll be open source for anyone wanting their money back.
Clinton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

2340 SW FAIRVIEW AVE, DALLAS, OR 97338
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I guess I'll tell my story, every one should contribute for the good of the community. So I ordered a set of basic lift plates from atomwerks clearly befor reading this post. His web site said 2-3 weeks lead time as did Charles in an email. I went ahead and placed the order. I was a little apprehensive at first because there was no "shopping cart" system nor a phone number (red flag one). But I was excited that I could lift my buggy with out changing the suspension spring rate and ride quality. So I pulled the trigger and paid the invoice through a obscure escrow service called Wave (red flag two). I waited three weeks and sent Charles an email inquiry. And I got what many seem to have gotten as well, excuses. Mine was the broken tool one that others have gotten. So I waited about two weeks and sent another email, no response. So I stated digging and found this post then went to the better business bureau site.....f@ck I'm screwed. Sent Charles another email explaining what I had found and my concerns. He replied with a long email basically saying boho I'm the victim. I told him "I'll give you three more weeks then I'm done". After the grace period I set an email, no response. Waited a few more days and told him I wanted my money back, no response. Went to the bank did a charge back and had my money in hand that day. The moral of the story is if his distributors don't have the part on the self then don't bother, because you most likely won't get it unless you wanna wait several months. But clearly there is a market for his ideas for those who are capable of getting stuff built and shipped.

P.S. Pete your kind of a dick for taking advantage of Charles short comings....great job with your capitalism though, can't hate on that. Free and fair trade market right?
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

outa site outa mind wrote:
P.S. Pete your kind of a dick for taking advantage of Charles short comings....great job with your capitalism though, can't hate on that. Free and fair trade market right?

Super glad that you were able to get your money back. Most here weren't able to do so. I lost money helping his clients but helping them out during those troubled times makes me feel good about being human. Thinking I'm a dick for that, you are contributing to real world problems.

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Airkewld wrote:

Super glad that you were able to get your money back. Most here weren't able to do so. I lost money helping his clients but helping them out during those troubled times makes me feel good about being human. Thinking I'm a dick for that, you are contributing to real world problems.

Why would anyone in their right mind "lose money" for someone completely unrelated to them. Believe that and I have a this nice bridge to sell you. I will donate the bridge sale proceeds to those who suffered losses from atomworks.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Ace wrote:
Airkewld wrote:

Why would anyone in their right mind "lose money" for someone completely unrelated to them. Believe that and I have a this nice bridge to sell you. I will donate the bridge sale proceeds to those who suffered losses from atomworks.
But if you do that you'll lose money! Shocked
Very Happy

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Yes Pete contributing to world problems but just first world problems though. Far more important then things like having clean water, food, global warming and living next to war lords. But don't be mad dude maybe I'm just that kind of people you don't want to do business with? Charles didn't.

Yet thank you for your concerns I'm glad I got the money back as well, which I turned right around and sunk into the car. Hopefully those misfortuned people could get some recourse. I'm not sure what was going on with the atomwerks people but what ever, I just wash my hands of it. All so don't take things so seriously Pete, when a flame war starts the only logical response is to throw gasoline at it. That way every one can enjoy the show that much more.
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Making money in business is not always the goal. When business owners realize that, success and money will follow.

Trying to reason or justify with people who don't get it, we try to think of a different way to explain it. In the real world, some don't care, some just love gasoline and the fireworks.

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

And some people get deceived and then get told it's "business 101" when they called the vendor on it. Most people can smell bullshit a mile away, even when it is typed. I merely point it out as it comes, which is so amazingly often. Bridge still for sale for those interested.
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

If you want to argue, keep it in private emails instead of this thread.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JPro62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Nothing new on the swaybar for my car. Been waiting 4 years now. Tried emailing each of the last 3 weeks with no response. I'll post an update if anything changes. Saddened by the whole thing.
Concker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Wish i have read this thread before ordering.
I ordered some drop plates for my EU spec beetle, as i live in Norway.
Communication was good up until i sent the payment on 11. September.

After that i heard nothing on mail, and nothing when trying to call them.
Any hope at all to get my products in time for spring?
Concker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Concker wrote:
Wish i have read this thread before ordering.
I ordered some drop plates for my EU spec beetle, as i live in Norway.
Communication was good up until i sent the payment on 11. September.

After that i heard nothing on mail, and nothing when trying to call them.
Any hope at all to get my products in time for spring?

I filed this thing at bbb?
This made charles contact me within the same day.
Hopefully things sorts out from now on, will keep u posted.

-Daniel
Efni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Same story here.. Ordered before I read this thread.. I ordered thru my Discover Card (thank goodness) and have placed a dispute in..

I did get some correspondence from them, even to the point, Jennifer, I'm guessing his wife, gave me a UPS shipping label.. But UPS never confirmed receipt of package..

Total time - 2 months....

Really wanted to get these plates... But..... Guess I'll be 1 click on the spindle now... smh...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Any updates to these issues that everyone is having? I heard they went out of business. Is that true?
SoCal67Volks Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Atomwerks is still in business / well at least they are still accepting orders and still accepting money.

I made the mistake of placing an order on Feb 16 and accepting his 3 week delivery date. Today marks the 8th week of broken promises and outright lies.

After 4 weeks, it took Charles Adams a half-dozen messages to return my call. I was assured my parts were complete and UPS was picking them up the following morning. The next day, I received an email with a UPS tracking number. 3 days later on Friday I received a second email (same tracking number) stating that UPS hasn't picked up but I was assured that Charles would deliver to UPS by the end of the day. After a full week of UPS telling me that they have no record of the provided tracking number and multiple phone calls, Charles finally called me after I sent an email stating I was going to file a complaint with Visa requesting a full refund plus 2 months interest.

During my last phone conversation on 4/5, Charles told me that the parts were done several times and after I pressed him for a delivery date, he then said the parts were not finished, they were in a mild acid bath and would then be powder coated the following day. It's 4/13, a full two months later and still no parts, no return calls, no returned emails.... Nothing!

During each of my conversations with Charles Adams, CEO of Atomwerks, he repeatedly reminded me that I have no options because he is the only one in the industry offering this product. After being caught telling multiple lies Charles Adams responds with telling that I need to be patient 'cause I have no options? This pisses me off to no end! After 40 years as a Senior Design Engineer for advanced military aircraft, I know for a fact that the turn time for broaching splines in a tube and welding it to a waterjet cut plate plus a first article inspection shouldn't take more than a one day shift.

Makes me want to go into business making these plates!!

Do business with this company/person at your own risk:

Charles Adams
AtomWerk LLC
2340 SW Fairview Ave
Dallas OR, 97338-12361
(541) 935-8026

"Making a car look complicated is easy, making it look simple is hard." John Buttera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Geez, ok thanks SoCal67Volks. A buddy of mine keeps telling me to buy from these guys because indexing the splines rides like crap but I just can't get around not being able to trust Charles
SoCal67Volks Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

He is the only game in town (as Charles keeps reminding me). His wife sent an email last night saying that my (2 month late) parts were delivered to the Post Office but didn't provide a tracking number so I'm not holding my breath.

He may very well be your only option. I cannot speak to the quality of his components because I haven't been able to get my hands on the parts. Plot your own course but I will never do business with Atomwerks again and neither will many, many TheSamba members.

12 pages of complaints can't be wrong.

"Making a car look complicated is easy, making it look simple is hard." John Buttera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: