Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2015
Tuned Perfection
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I just want to add to this that I've been waiting for 4 sets of spring plates since Sept 2016. I've been promised that they'll ship to me this week. I'm giving Charles one last chance to make things right before I repost.
modern classic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I love the parts I just received-- there better than I expected-- yes the long wait was and is totally worth it--- just be patient -if people would do there jobs right there wouldn't be hiccups- atomwerks not a fault at all the parts are coming people
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

modern classic wrote:
I love the parts I just received-- there better than I expected-- yes the long wait was and is totally worth it--- just be patient -if people would do there jobs right there wouldn't be hiccups- atomwerks not a fault at all the parts are coming people

1st post. Joined yesterday. Nothing suspicious here folks.
JPro62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Figured I will update this thread with my order status. Ordered an adjustable rear swaybar Nov 2012. Still don't have it. First one he sent looked great, but did not fit my car. Been told he was working on a redesign for ~2 years. Just trying to get a refund at this point.

Will update thread if anything changes.
Chad M
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

This is flabbergasting.

Truly unimaginable how Charles even sleeps at night.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
modern classic wrote:

1st post. Joined yesterday. Nothing suspicious here folks.
Well, it's obvious that modern classic can't spell. Confused Guess that's not really suspicious. It applies to a lot of people! He also states "atomwerks not a fault at all" but I think nearly everybody that has followed this thread would agree that atomwerk (or Charles) most definitely IS the fault. Very Happy

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

modern classic wrote:

some kind of internal knowledge Question "all the parts are coming people"-speaking as a representative of the company?

My experience to date-2 set of drop plates have passed through my shop. one set removed from the car as the angle of the axle caused damage to the fulcrums in the differential. fancy logo emblem also separating from plate-poor adhesion. 2nd set was the race bearing type-moved it along, no interest in putting it on mine or any of my customer cars.
bfreckman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Yesterday turned out to be a really happy day for me....I got an early birthday present!!! My POOR MAN'S 3" DROP SPRING PLATES arrived!!! Man are they beautiful....Rich, deep red and cool grey/black powdercoat. The construction appears to excellent. I'm going to go on record here to give Atomwerk and Charles kudos for a really nice product....granted it took quite a while to get them, but I firmly believe that my patience has paid off! We are all so trained to get anything and everything we want at the drop of a dime (more like a credit card), that we sometimes don't count on anything other than instant gratification!!! I'm not saying I too don't hyperventilate when the things I order don't show up on my porch virtually instantly....but Charles told me right up front that "instant" wasn't the case....he wasn't lying...I'm sorry for all of the folks that have had a less-than-perfect experience, but believe me the old adage "good things come to those that wait" is true! I think Atomwerk's problems are behind him and the "good stuff" is available again! Just my 2 cents....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

bfreckman wrote:
Yesterday turned out to be a really happy day for me....I got an early birthday present!!! My POOR MAN'S 3" DROP SPRING PLATES arrived!!! Man are they beautiful....Rich, deep red and cool grey/black powdercoat. The construction appears to excellent. I'm going to go on record here to give Atomwerk and Charles kudos for a really nice product....granted it took quite a while to get them, but I firmly believe that my patience has paid off! We are all so trained to get anything and everything we want at the drop of a dime (more like a credit card), that we sometimes don't count on anything other than instant gratification!!! I'm not saying I too don't hyperventilate when the things I order don't show up on my porch virtually instantly....but Charles told me right up front that "instant" wasn't the case....he wasn't lying...I'm sorry for all of the folks that have had a less-than-perfect experience, but believe me the old adage "good things come to those that wait" is true! I think Atomwerk's problems are behind him and the "good stuff" is available again! Just my 2 cents....
Just to satisfy our curiosity, can you tell us how long you had to wait to get the drop plates?

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
bfreckman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Never one to not tell the truth....in total 10 months and 20 days. I ordered my plates on June 1, 2016. I'm a pretty patient guy, thank God, as it did take a long time. I also was lucky as I had pretty much completed my pan and was working on the body of my car so I could afford the extra time...BTW, I don't work for Charles, nor am I being paid for a good comment. The plates I received are truly nice!

Good Luck to all....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

bfreckman wrote:
Never one to not tell the truth....in total 10 months and 20 days. I ordered my plates on June 1, 2016. I'm a pretty patient guy, thank God, as it did take a long time. I also was lucky as I had pretty much completed my pan and was working on the body of my car so I could afford the extra time...BTW, I don't work for Charles, nor am I being paid for a good comment. The plates I received are truly nice!

Good Luck to all....

10 months for an "off the shelf part" Rolling Eyes
Wonder if you got someone else's order after they cancelled from waiting to long...

taking ppls money up front, all the feedback of stalling, delaying, and some ppl having not receiving parts after years and years... its only a matter of time (which appears to be here) until ppl catch on...

As I mentioned earlier, 2 sets of plates have now passed through my shop in less time than ppl here who have "ordered" them have received them.

They'll be plenty popping up in the used classifieds / swap meets regularly before you know it...

If you have to wait a year, might as well wait that year and have them in hand when you put your money out.

perhaps if there was an actual store to go purchase them at where you could pay and walk out with them in your hand....nah...thats a silly concept...
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Years ago when I first started selling some parts on thesamba, I sold a part and promised to ship out on a Thursday. Something came up and I did not get it shipped out until Friday, one day late. I had the fellows money and did not carry through as my word stated.

That slip up on my part still bothers me years later. I cannot even begin to imagine how Charles can sleep.

Decades ago, way before the internet was a glimmer in Al Gore's eye, I trusted and ordered parts from CA and had them shipped to WV. Even as archaic as snail mail was sending a personal check across the US, waiting for it to clear, then the part was custom made and shipped to me and only took about 1 month. And those were the dark ages of project building.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

10 months? The company I work for builds Airplanes in 8 days!! No excuse for being this late...Especially for two metal plates...
BMAN130
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

so who do we go to now for drop plates?
SilverDahler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I was able to order and obtain maybe the last HIGHEST Quality adjustable spring plates on the market. I ordered and received them with 4 days. These are ATOMWERK adjustable spring plates, and they are awesome. Full suspension travel on my slammed Notchback. I don't understand why everyone doesn't have they on their ride? I search the market and there is nothing like them. Thank you Charles at Atomwerk and a outstanding product.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Apparently, Charles / Atomwerks is no longer,

http://www.atomwerk.org/

and it's the Sambas fault. Rolling Eyes

http://www.atomwerk.org/why.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fly. GTI.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:

and it's the Sambas fault. Rolling Eyes

http://www.atomwerk.org/why.html

Gee...Charles blaming everyone else for going out of business...shocker.

it certainly could not have had anything to do with his horrible business practices.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:

Not dead yet.
Seattle, July 16, 2017:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Seems that he has plenty of time to build inventory that has no buyers, but no time to make the parts for pre-paid customers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
Seems that he has plenty of time to build inventory that has no buyers, but no time to make the parts for pre-paid customers.

Actually, seems he has inventory that might satisfy some people that've already paid for it, but would rather get paid twice for it.
clemhk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

My name is clem storey and I recently ordered some race drop plates from Atomwerk Engineering

The items arrived to me in Phuket Thailand this week and I would just like to state how happy I am with them
Not only do they look fantastic they fitted like a dream

Really nice to order some custom parts and they fit straight on and look bloody amazing

I have read a lot of negative stuff about these guys but I can say they are nice people to deal with, yes might take a while for the goods to be made but in this world of mass produced parts that are second rate and don't fit properly when you get them its with the wait when products like this that are hand made bolt straight onto your car.

Thanks Charles hope you can restart suppling to the public again your products are a breath of fresh air in a world of cheap Chinese made parts .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: