Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are you happy with your hightop conversion?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemobuscaptain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luVWagn wrote:
I'm going to compare/contrast this summer... My 2wd suby lifted full westy, vs. a syncro 16 eTDI reimo high-top conversion. Let the best van win! Whichever loses will get sold in august...

Expect a writeup by then...

:uncontrollablejealousy:

luVWagn wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Due to the raised deck-lid (actually NOT for engine clearance in this case?!), i may have to remove the above-bed cabinet/storage area so that I don't whack my head constantly.

Really interested in that raised deck and couch/bed and the hinges used.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FullMoonBusClub

RIP Bob Hoover https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=427791
Hoover Sermons: https://www.vwsage.com/images/vwsage/Bob%20Hoovers%20Sermons.pdf
Buss Marius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemobuscaptain wrote:
luVWagn wrote:
I'm going to compare/contrast this summer... My 2wd suby lifted full westy, vs. a syncro 16 eTDI reimo high-top conversion. Let the best van win! Whichever loses will get sold in august...

Expect a writeup by then...

:uncontrollablejealousy:

luVWagn wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Due to the raised deck-lid (actually NOT for engine clearance in this case?!), i may have to remove the above-bed cabinet/storage area so that I don't whack my head constantly.

Really interested in that raised deck and couch/bed and the hinges used.
They use the hinges for the split and bay. It lifts the bed 16cm. i have the same in my -85 reimo. The space is 80x140-160x15cm i store 2 good chears, the camping table and som other stuff in there. I realy love this space. i just wish it could lift another 5-10cm. I have newer had anny big problems with my head hitting the roof cabinet.
luVWagn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buss Marius wrote:
They use the hinges for the split and bay. It lifts the bed 16cm. i have the same in my -85 reimo. The space is 80x140-160x15cm i store 2 good chears, the camping table and som other stuff in there. I realy love this space. i just wish it could lift another 5-10cm. I have newer had anny big problems with my head hitting the roof cabinet.

I whacked my head all the time on a stock Westfalia camper storage-area (above rear bed), so I actually removed it and mounted speakers on each side - that gives me a channel to sit up in, without hitting my head.

I'm guessing on this one, I'll be whacking my head even more, because the deck height is raised ~6" (16cm), and there is still an overhead cabinet in-place. I'll likely end up having to yank that overhead cabinet out... Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: