Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone buy/install these side pods?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejackalope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Anyone buy/install these side pods? Reply with quote

Just looking to see if anyone has any feedback. Looking to put side pods on my buggy...

https://www.v-dubstore.com/MANX-STYLE-BUBBLE-SIDE-PANELS-SIDE-PODS-p/bsbubsp.htm
porkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like the same ones I used. I bought mine from a local Berrien dealer for my clone. I glassed mine in and am pleased with them, but they work great bolted on as well.
Porkey.
SiggyManx#33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just find a local Berrien dealer or order from Meyers Manx. Last I heard, V-Dub store wasn't carrying either of those products. I could be wrong though?
SiggyManx#33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just find a local Berrien dealer or order from Meyers Manx. Last I heard, V-Dub store wasn't carrying either of those products. I could be wrong though?

Last edited by SiggyManx#33 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher Buggies in Tampa stock Berrien stuff but their prices (and Meyers Manx's) are way more than V-Dub store's.

http://fisherbuggies.com/buggies-and-frames

http://www.meyersmanx.com/mmstore/store-sidepods.shtml
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thejackalope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanks Manxdavid. That is just a short drive from Orlando. At least I might save on shipping prices.
manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejackalope wrote:
Oh thanks Manxdavid. That is just a short drive from Orlando. At least I might save on shipping prices.

The place is a bit of a Mecca for British VW nuts on vacation in the Orlando area. I've been there a few times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mike1954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porkey how did you glass your pods in? Can you still remove body if need be?
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I glassed mine on, and yes, I could remove the body. Or in this case, I installed the body onto the pan after painting.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from Manx and glassed them on my clone as well. I'm planning on cutting doors on the inside of them to use for storage and to be able to lock stuff up.
VWSTORECHICK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure who heard we were no longer stocking side pods. We have side pods in house for pick up and we also have side pods that ship direct from our manufacturer to the customer.

We no longer carry the "Berrien" products and have not for years however the pods we supply are a hand laid fiberglass and have a primer finish so they are easier to do your body work and paint then trying to sand off that fresh shiny gel coat that the other pods have.

Normally done in white primer finish.

But again we do have them in stock and normally ready for shipping within a few days.

Let me know if you have any other questions. They are the same as the Berrien, or Manx pods that are also on the market. $250 + freight shipment or again can be picked up in house.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gregman380
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Side Pod Installation Reply with quote

I just received my Side Pods from the VW Store and I am very happy with how I think they will look. My question is how much under the pan should I expect them to roll under? I have about 2 - 3 inches right now. I seem to recall that I should have them roll under about 1 inch? Is that correct??

I know I have seen that thread which is older on here somewhere and I am having trouble finding it again.

Regards,

Gregman
daanbc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a pair on craigslist in Broward county Fl. Asking $350, never used in Pepsi blue color.
timcurtis67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine from there as well. No problems at all. I' have mine glassed in for a clean look.
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone buy/install these side pods? Reply with quote

Let me know if anyone is looking for a nice pair of side pods for a Manx, Berrien, Boss bug, Sears Rascal or any of the Manx clones, Thanks.
Krasibuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone buy/install these side pods? Reply with quote

Hi Guys , I am looking for some bubble side pods I contacted v-dubstore they want $170 for shipping only that's crazy . Anybody that sells them cheaper ? I am in FL.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone buy/install these side pods? Reply with quote

Krasibuggy wrote:
Hi Guys , I am looking for some bubble side pods I contacted v-dubstore they want $170 for shipping only that's crazy . Anybody that sells them cheaper ? I am in FL.

Have you ever shipped an oversize item before? That's pretty reasonable IMHO..
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone buy/install these side pods? Reply with quote

Contact Fisher buggies, maybe they have them or will bring them in for you.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
VWSTORECHICK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone buy/install these side pods? Reply with quote

$170 is the current shipping rate. We ship them freight to any business or terminal for that rate anywhere in the Cont US.

That is about as good as it gets. Unfortunately this item is very large. They do not ship via Fed Ex or UPS.

Unfortunately you are shipping alot of air as the pallet weight is more than the pods which only weight 15 lbs. But that is the problem with large items.
You pay for size.

I can ship them very easily and cheaply if you want me to cut them in half.
I've done that for several guys in Australia. But then no one wants that either.

So Please. I do what I can to make all my shipping rates extremely reasonable. But sometimes I have no control.
We even use a broker for our freight rates to deliver to a local terminal to your area, for a good price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone buy/install these side pods? Reply with quote

Can they be shipped by Greyhound Bus Freight? They are normally very reasonable.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: