Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'59 Flat Back Seat Value
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel G
Crazy Amish Guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: '59 Flat Back Seat Value Reply with quote

I was just curious what fair market value for one would be. It still has the original cover on in, but the material needs to be restitched if it were to be reused. I see none in the classifieds so I don't know what they are running for nowdays. I have one gathering dust in the shed and I am thinking of letting it go as I have no use for it at the present time. I just don't wanna cheat myself by selling it for too little if I decide to do it.

Thanks

1966 Beetle

1971 Panel

1978 Westfalia Camper

Transmissions For Dummies
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat backs seats ended around august of 57. What's the seat cover color?

Sent you a PM Smile
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it April 1st yet?

I bet your email is asploding...

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slugbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also wondering the same thing as I too have a flat back seat. Don't see them appear too often in the classifieds so there's no way to measure up for market value.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daniel G
Crazy Amish Guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled it out today and it is actually pretty rough. The frame on the bottom would pretty much have to be remade and a couple of spots on the springs would have to be replaced. The vinyl was pretty crunchy too. I guess I should have looked at them more closely when I put them in storage. Laughing

1966 Beetle

1971 Panel

1978 Westfalia Camper

Transmissions For Dummies
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: