Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for someone in michigan that can turbo prep webers
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duster76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to put 8-10 lbs to it. I thought I read somewhere about changing the emulsion tubes, Jetting, and at higher boost the throttle shafts will leak. I'm unsure since this will be my first vw turbo build
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run them the way they are and invest in a good O2 sensor with display and hopefully logging capabilities so you can see where the tune needs work.

If you start out at 7-8 lbs you should be able to run them the way they are. Higher boost levels are where you will see shaft leakage on some.

Kadub ran them for a couple years and I think his max boost was 12 lbs. and showing some seepage. He has gone to the dark side now........... Wink

I ran a single carb blowthrough in my buggy and I could pull my carb, change jets and reinstall in a little over 10 minutes. I would hate to see how long it would take to rejet a set of dual Webers with all that plumbing and trying to remove those carbs...... Shocked

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you would like the shafts o-ringed? how much boost you plan on running? Low boost shouldn't be a problem Wink I don't know anyone here in Mi who does this Embarassed
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Duster76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Looking for someone in michigan that can turbo prep webers Reply with quote

As the topic states I'm looking for someone in Michigan that knows how to turboprep a set of Weber IDf's for a blow through turbo. Thanks in advance for your recomendations. I really want to get this buggy done and runnin
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: