Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help this FNG make a choise
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
brooksinc1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something I have considered if I can work it out. What all places or frames do y'all recomend. This is one I real like at a glance just don't have any feed back on it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I think this will largely depend on how much I make selling the stuff I have... Any one looking for a fiberglass body buggy or bill of sale baja. Both rollers ha
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that frame is well triangulated and braced, looks much stronger than other 4 seaters

the ad does not specify that it takes a linkpin beam, but it says you can use longer trailing arms, which are only available for linkpin beams. one more major expense. your car has a ball joint beam.

Read: http://acmecarco.com/index.php/buggy-101

check out: http://acmecarco.com/index.php/berrien-buggy/sand-rails/four-seat-rails/stalker-2-2

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
brooksinc1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx. I like their product and called them today. Extreamlly friendly and informative. That alone has me ready to pull the trigger with them. Just need to sell all my stuff first. Ha. I wish they has finished pics of their stalker. I know the sand fox looks cool just want to make sure I have enough room( I'm 6'2")that said I am comfortable in mine.
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'd be wise to start from scratch since you're still learning the ropes. Sounds like you can do the work you just need to be more familiar with VW parts and how they go together. I've been working on them for about 7 years and I'm still learning I don't know as much as I'd like too.

Anyway, take 'er slow and ask lots of questions and do lots of searches on google before you make any parts purchases and make sure you get the right things. It's inevitable you'll pick up a few things you don't need which is why there's still VW swap meets everywhere! hehe

Feel free to message me if you have any questions you feel funny asking in the forum. Gods know I've asked my fair share.

Berrien Warrior 2.4L Quad4
LAZY MARY 1970 Baja 1835cc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: