Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stan Wohlfarth - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Stanagon
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 06, 2023
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Stan Wohlfarth - [email protected] Reply with quote

If anyone's followed the thread about my hazard lights not working, you'd have seen Stan offer me a 9-prong relay he'd purchased a couple years back from all of $50 and that includes the shipping! Well, I had to take him up on the offer and not only did he give me his number to call while he's off work, but he's offered a full refund if the box doesn't work to spec. He's mailing it tomorrow and I can already expect to have more good things to say later.

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earthmuffin
Samba Worm Farmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan is the man. He is also the unofficial king of the Bentley message boards and I appreciate his advice. Glad he was able to help you out. Very Happy
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Stan's good people. He doesn't get out West a lot, the occasional Classic, and thats about it, but you can find him at just about all the East Coast shows, and a nicer, friendlier, more intelligent guy you're not likely to find.

<NOW can I have another '52-'57 Type 1 Bentley Manual, Stan? LOL j/K Very Happy
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I ever make it to an East Coast show I'll at least have someone out there I know. Smile Stan actually left me a voicemail and went the extra mile...got the relay out in yesterday's mail, so it could be here as early as tomorrow! Very Happy

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

You know if you need ANY Bentley manuals I can set you up. E-mail me at work after Jan. 5. I wouldn't want any of you mag. guys to be without good information for project cars, whether at work or at home (what's the diff. anyway:)
-Stanagon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: And now Major Props to Stan! Reply with quote

The relay arrived in the mail today! Didn't get it in time to install it today...will try for Friday...I hear big rains are planned for Thursday! Very Happy Thanks again, Stan!

-Taylor

crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan is the man ! very helpful to the East coast vw scene!! =D>

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan is very reliable. He has bought items on ebay from me and we had great transactions.
Saggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a complete wiper assy. for my 67 westy from Stan. He was very helpful and quick with replys. Parts can be scarce in VT and Stan came thru for me. Thanks, Stan. George D.
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan bought some hubcaps from me off ebay and was the ideal buyer. Worked a part trade for a Bentley manual as well, which worked out for both of us. Thanks Stan.
60kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan was a pleasure to work with. Would recommend highly.

Mike
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan was very patient with my misuderstanding on the spare tire mounting post which was removed from the body on my '67 westy....he knew exactly what he was talking about, and now i do too and i have the said missing component recieved in very ussable shape...i would gladly buy other parts from him...Mark

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
german_metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan is the man. Just received a BN4 heater from him and everything went smoothly. He is great to deal with, thanks Stan!!
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got my walk through seats from Stan today. excellent parts and great packaging. just as described. great deal.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
vwjosh6070
Driveway Camper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan is a good person to do business with. he sold me 67 knobs for my bus for 10 bucks and threw in a gas pedal i needed for free! definately will do business with him again!

1973 Transporter "Floyd"

****Wheres my old bus?! 1967 Montgomery Ward Camper****

KI4MXO
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an orignal material '67 bus back seat from Stan. The item was better than descibed! The packaging was top notch, it even included an antique quilt as part of the packaging materia and the transaction went very smooth. I would do business with Stan anytime and would recomend him to anyone to do business with.

Tim
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick story-

I went to Busses by the Bouy in Maine this fall and Stan was amongst maybe 60 others there. My Bus arrived there shortly after 6pm and it came on back of a flat bed truck. I was driving it to the campsite a hour away when about half way, things started acting up again and it was bogging, no power, then power, no power, die. So I had it hauled. One of the many people who had all the ideas on what it could be, Stan was right there with his tools diagnosing my problem. We must have timed the bus dozen different times that night, changed points a million and a half times and did odd little objects thinking anytime we were going to cure it.
Then Stan, noticed a crack in my intake boot. We did not fix it at the time because we didn't think it was through. We did everythin else to that Bus, and worked on it to nearly 12AM. Stan was right there with his flashlight working on my Bus rather then having a good time near the campfire.
Well, I did manage to drive the Bus home, lol about 35mpg on a 260 mile trip back home, and sure, it took me awhile with no company, no radio and a open road, but it made it, popping, bogging, stalling and clammering down the old I-95.
When I got home I spent ENDLESS hours figuring out my problem that still existed... and it did turn out to be that cotton-picking intake boot. After that the Bus drove great as strong as ever... Oh Bus memories. THANKS STAN!!
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the heater tube. Super seller. Thanks Stan
vwtony2
Samba Member

Location: south of 19 degrees north and east of 65 degrees west.....

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my interior panels from Stan yesterday, and installed them today, I must say a super honest guy and a stand up seller, however the ultimate comment came from my girlfriend when she said "wow that is cool and really nice too" Thanks Stan!!
buggdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: bus door handles Reply with quote

I want to thank Stan for his speed in sending the bus handles to me. I was surprised to come home and find them so quickly. Thank you, Rich
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: