Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Fun Challenge
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

If VWs could fly...

YVWNT a thunder head/cloud. Bonus points of the car is wet!
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
If VWs could fly...

Just hold it up against the sky with one hand and snap the photo with the other! Rolling Eyes

madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

We have not had Rain in 3 weeks Rolling Eyes not even a cloud in the last week ,, I just hope the 'Flatlanders' don't set the forest on fire,, awfully Dry Crying or Very sad
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Same here! Someone is getting our rain and I thought that maybe we could find out who... Wink

We were in British Columbia last weekend and it was pouring buckets until we hit the Alberta border. The norther part of our province got some, enough to slow the forest fires down but not enough to stop them yet.

YVWNT a thunder head/cloud. Bonus points of the car is wet![/quote]
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

No thunder clouds yet today. I was taking my friends dog to go for a walk and had to stop for these grizzly bear. They are better behaved than some of the humans that come here.
https://youtu.be/1yhtDV796rc

Smokey says.... only you can prevent Bug fires!
zerotofifty
May 16, 2023
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Big Bull Shooter wrote:
No thunder clouds yet today. I was taking my friends dog to go for a walk and had to stop for these grizzly bear. They are better behaved than some of the humans that come here.
https://youtu.be/1yhtDV796rc

At least the first Griz was kind enough to stay on the trail, after crossing the road.

YVWNT: a thunder head/cloud. Bonus points of the car is wet!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

We had some pretty big thunder heads in the north here yesterday afternoon but they were masked by low level scuds traveling through. It would have been hard to get a decent picture of them.

YVWNT: a thunder head/cloud. Bonus points of the car is wet!
14Eyes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hard to see the clouds, but raining on the beetle. Does it count?
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

I see you'r a Scuba Diver ,,so yep it counts Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
14Eyes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
I see you'r a Scuba Diver ,,so yep it counts Laughing

I must admit that I'm not. Not only is that Honda not mine, the plate came with the car when bought.

That being said, new challenge is YVWNT a library
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Yes it is difficult to see the cloud but I trust it is there. I sometimes forget that not everyone has access to see the sky like those of us on the prairie do!

new challenge is YVWNT a library
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Wait. Was the last challenge

Thunder head OR cloud

Or

Thunder head/cloud ??
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Wait. Was the last challenge

Thunder head OR cloud

Or

Thunder head/cloud ??

Doesn't matter, it's done, and we got lotsa libraries. Goferit.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

All good carry on!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Hey! I just realize that 30 minutes ago I was in town parked next door to the library and never even thought about this challenge!!! Shocked

What a dumb dumb!! Rolling Eyes

steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

What's a library?

The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
What's a library?

Wow! Shocked Did you leave yourself wide open for insults or what?! Rolling Eyes One could, if so inclined, run with that in several directions... Very Happy

hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

A library? Never heard of that. I actually have a library like two minutes from me, but it's nothing special. I'd love to see a picture of someone's library that is old and historic in some way...

Yvwnt a library! Music library, book library, etc. Make it fun!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

Ok, now that there two of you "what is a library?" Smart Alex's I can no longer resist the temptation to retort with "It's a place to go to get smarter... you might want to try it sometime if get my drift!" Razz

Just yanking your chains guys! Wink

Here is a hint: what about those little community library boxes that are becoming popular? Take a book, leave a book. There is one around the corner from where our daughter lives... 3.5 hours from us. There is another one 1.5 hours north on a nature walking trail but no vehicles are allowed.

Quote:

Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Fun Challenge Reply with quote

YVWNT a Radio Tower. Some may know them now as a Telecommunications tower.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Page 193 of 224

Jump to: