Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

March 63 RHD Notch
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I'll be installing the clip and bending my pipe. That makes a lot more sense to me. I assume the T is for a gas heater supply?

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Paul!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

No probs with the hijack, its all of use. Just zoomed in on the engine pic on page 1 and the clip is attached to the oil cooler but upside down. You can just make it out in the picture. So thats my route, under the inlet manifold. Thanks for the comments as ever.
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Great thread Paul, thanks for documenting it so well. I look forward to following it in real time from now on. FYI the cloth for the seats is reproduced by a firm in the US. I need to order some for my May 63 Squareback. I have the details somewhere and can forward it on if you want. Much of what you've done I'll need to do myself - I've been inspired by the way you've tackled the stuff yourself.

Good luck with the move!

Cheers. Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

https://smsautofabrics.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Hi Bally,
Thanks for the link, i wasnt aware SMS made/had some material, will have to mail them to see.
Cheers
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

No worries. Good luck thee is a whole thread on here about SMS making this cloth - it looks very accurate.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=360063&highlight=sms

Cheers. Dave
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Well, after some initial oil leaks, first drive today was around the block on a very grey English day in the rain.
When i rebuilt the motor i replaced the oil pump with some, as it turns out, shite Brazilian repro. Anroi is the brand, look ok but check very carefully.
It needed work from the off, flash from the casting, ports opening up and clearing and after finding it leaked, i had a guy at work machine the facing surface to the case flat. That and some aircraft grade PRC sealant it now appears to be sealed.
I did try to source a better one, but the 21mm 6mm stud pumps are thin on the ground as far as new are concerned. The original was a bit too worn to reuse after 97k miles.
Anyhow the drive, new brakes need further adjustment, steering needs further adjustment and the timing needs checking, otherwise it was sweet.
I do have fresh hubcaps but left them in the rechromers packaging for now.
Also the bumpers are ones i had, not actually that good but i stuck them on for now.
Unfortunately house move is iminent and i need to get a garage built, not of Cob, if you have been following this, so its going into storage for a few months.

Thanks to all who followed and commented on this thread, you all played your part in helping me complete, well almost, the resto.

I will continue to update when stuff happens, thanks again Samba.
Couple of steet pix.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Congrats. Applause Just getting it moving on it's own before having to move somewhere else is enough of a job for this post. Cool The car looks good in the "street view", even without the hub caps. Nice job, and I look forward to your next post whenever that happens again. Very Happy
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Great work- that must have put a huge smile on your face 😊😊
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Wow looks great. Nice to see it from a distance too. Must be an excellent feeling to see it on the road after all this time. Too bad you have to put it in storage when you're so close to using it. I've got to decide whether or not to take mine for it's mot before the winter hits or put it in storage until the spring. Happy to hear you're going to be getting a new garage though, that'll make things easier.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
HenrikL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Looking very good!

What window rubber did you use and how was the quality?
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the nice comments.
Henrik, i used rubber from ISP all round. Dont know if they leak yet, despite the rain. They seem nice and soft and install ok. Dont know if anyone else makes any anyway. Price was ok and they fit well.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Congratulations on doing such meticulous work. Car looks awesome!

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Hello people, yes its been a while, we moved house just before xmas and planning application is now in progress for the garage. The 63 has been in storage untouched for months, so i went to get it today to finish the few remaining jobs, seeing as how its a nice warm day. I also went for its first proper drive. Drives nice if a bit vague compared to moderns, everything works, so well pleased, even got a few thumbs up from other people.
Its gone back to hibernation now, although i will be using it on sunny days. The bumpers are still the rough ones i have, but the hubcaps are hugely expensive rechromed originals.
Thanks for all your support and the nice comments during the build.
Cheers all.
Hers a couple pix cos that proves stuff.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Beautiful!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Cheers Ev
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Very Nice. Cool Glad to hear the move went uneventful. Enjoy the sunny day rides in it, you've earned it.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Cheers bob, thanks for your support and knowledge.
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Spring time in England and a beautiful 63 Notchback. What's not to like!!! Keep the sunny days updates coming please (& the garage update!)

Cheers. Dave
260KMN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: March 63 RHD Notch Reply with quote

Finally a spell of summer weather has arrived so i brought the 63 up to the house and did a couple of small jobs, got the indicators working finally, and sorted the starting issue, both just loose connections.
Also first wash and out for a cruise.
Drove to work this morning for the first time, all seems ok except the steering is a bit vague, i think the steering box i rebuilt needs further adjustment.
here it is parked up at the office looking clean.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: