Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Odd Headlight Design?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregKnod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Odd Headlight Design? Reply with quote

I have a 66 Beetle with what I believe is the correct headlight in the passenger (right side) and the incorrect on the drivers (left hand) side. I'm more curious than anything else about the drivers side headlight.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GregKnod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, what I failed to mention was the odd item is the location of the parking light.
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the left front fender bucket assembly that's a repo, where the parking light bulb holder is so close to the headlight. I couldn't find a shot of a 66 beetle headlight assembly, but a link that shows an earlier 54 bug with different headlights from the 60's show what I believe would be the proper location (your right front fender).

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=431475&highlight=parking+light

As a note in the link txvoval wrote the following referring to his 54:

Has two rivets, light bulb for headlight and parking light (just below the headlight bulb, not like the later models that you see in the bottom front) as described by Everett with screw terminal connections
GregKnod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think the repo is such a poor copy of what it should be?
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking an earlier bucket assembly was used, or if the bucket assembly was included with the fender, the fender was for an earlier model
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: