Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's this called and where can I buy some?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: What's this called and where can I buy some? Reply with quote

I don't know this part (see red arrow) as anything other than a "dish looking thing". Does anyone know who sells them and what they're called? I've searched about a dozen online VW parts sites with no luck....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a fantastic source for VW parts! Right now there is only the "Type 2 parts reference manual", but soon to come is the type 1 version.
Even so you can look up most parts since the type 2 used most of the same mechanical parts as the type 1.

http://oacdp.org/

OK, once you have the part name and part number you can start looking for them thru the internet via search engines. Have been able to find a few almost unknown by most volks parts that way.

Other way around this would be to think "what is this part related to?". Not engine right? It is a transaxle part. Who would have some of these? Perhaps a transaxle rebuilder will have one or hundreds of them?
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at my Bentley manual, and I believe it's called a differential flange cover. Not 100% sure, as I didn't see it in the exploded view.
notsnarb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
Here is a fantastic source for VW parts! Right now there is only the "Type 2 parts reference manual", but soon to come is the type 1 version.
Even so you can look up most parts since the type 2 used most of the same mechanical parts as the type 1.

http://oacdp.org/

OK, once you have the part name and part number you can start looking for them thru the internet via search engines. Have been able to find a few almost unknown by most volks parts that way.

Other way around this would be to think "what is this part related to?". Not engine right? It is a transaxle part. Who would have some of these? Perhaps a transaxle rebuilder will have one or hundreds of them?

The Type 1 manual is up:
http://oacdp.org/type1part.html
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=113%2D301%2D111

The "daisy" and the flange gaskets allow you to 'set' the axle tube to move up and down freely without end play..
notsnarb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part # 113 301 111

Google vw 113 301 111 and all the VW suppliers keep them as VW still make them.

for example:
https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-113-301-111-PR
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, it fits between the axle tube and the flange cover. Learned something new Very Happy
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! Smile
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: