Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Proper brake adjuster screws for 65
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject: Proper brake adjuster screws for 65 Reply with quote

Putting together the front brakes, I discovered that the adjuster screws might not be correct… all cylinders previously had screw #1
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The opening is 7mm, which seems too big for the brake shoes.

I have one with a smaller mouth (#2)

A type 3 which I obviously don’t need (4), and one even smaller in opening height and width, perhaps barn door or early bug? #3)

Which one is correct? I would think the tighter fit would prevent unwanted movement on the shoe but what do I know. And I can’t always trust what was on this junkyard bus, as the employees slapped whatever would keep it going on there. Correct part should be 211609209a, but which one is that?
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Proper brake adjuster screws for 65 Reply with quote

70bus wrote:

That.
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Proper brake adjuster screws for 65 Reply with quote

My assumption, because of course I only have one. But I have already spent too much money assuming things about this truck!
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Proper brake adjuster screws for 65 Reply with quote

70bus wrote:
of course I only have one.

There are kits that have all the hardware or just pieces like this.
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211609209A
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Proper brake adjuster screws for 65 Reply with quote

I was trying to get them locally first, but nearest shop didn't know which was correct and didn't have any to sell of any kind anyways. Will try the other shops in town. Have occasionally been handed wrong parts so I like to know what I'm looking for...
-Robert Williams
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: