Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Enkei Compe
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
captnslow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

Is anyone running these on a Volkswagen? I can't find any pics :/

Thanks!!

http://www.enkei.com/compe.shtml

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really nice looking wheel. The only thing I don't like is the ribbed lip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kidosteele
Mr. Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see some pics also.... Can't believe nobody is running these..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GraysonM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These folks tried them on their ghia, said the offset was no good:

http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t...e#p1148613

From the thread:

"Man, I was so happy to see those rims, unfortunately a 3.9" backspace on a 5.5" rim works out to ET17, so no joy for 914s, T3s, most supers etc.
(In fact that barely works on std T1s most of the time unless you run skinny tires, I hope they work on your Ghia)"
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

Bumping this back to the top.

I just ordered a set for my Super Beetle autocross project.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8226726#8226726

I understand that with only an ET of 17mm, these will poke out about 1.5" wider that a stock wheel. I plan on buying wider fiberglass fenders, so they will work for my use.

I'm searched the internet, and I can't find anyone who's installed these on an air cooled VW. I guess I'll be the first to try them out??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

not sure what size you have, but these are 38 offset with 5.5 and seem like they would fit a t3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191966074658
captnslow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

Here are some pics of my car with Enkie Compe's. Apologies for the rough car.... It was my daily in high school and I haven't gotten to finish the project. I always end up spending more time and money making it faster than I do making it nicer Embarassed

Oh! To is on a 3.5" ball joint beam and is narrowed 1" each side in the rear. With empi disc brake kit (I think it adds maybe 1/8" offset) I had to "tap" Laughing the inner fender to stop the rub. It has literally 1/32" of clearance with a 195/50/15 in the rear.

Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

elizer wrote:
not sure what size you have, but these are 38 offset with 5.5 and seem like they would fit a t3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191966074658

These 15" & 16" wheels are actually 7" wide & not good on lowered VW's.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

this is my 1974 VW beetle with Enkei compe wheels

I chose these wheels because I wanted something different (and higher quality) than the empi gt-8s you see on a lot of cars. They also look more like the Watanabe wheels which I like.

my tire size is 185/65/r15 and ride height is stock

also if you plan on buying these wheels, the included Enkei center caps didn't fit over the threaded part of the rear hub (where the axle nut goes). I fixed it buy getting these deeper caps from mamotorworks.
carlos_magnum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

Nice wheels! I like their modern style with a touch of classic.
Dugout5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

JDMbeetle wrote:

I chose these wheels because I wanted something different (and higher quality) than the empi gt-8s you see on a lot of cars. They also look more like the Watanabe wheels which I like.

also if you plan on buying these wheels, the included Enkei center caps didn't fit over the threaded part of the rear hub (where the axle nut goes). I fixed it buy getting these deeper caps from mamotorworks.

I would like to put the white version of these on my 70 Bug. Did you have any issues with offset?
Jude-steffen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

Dugout5 wrote:
JDMbeetle wrote:

I would like to put the white version of these on my 70 Bug. Did you have any issues with offset?

I bought these wheels the other day and was wondering if the 185/65 tires look like they would fit if your bug was lowered 2.5 inches in the front and 1ish inch in the rear, thanks
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

Hello, everyone!
I apologize for not replying sooner but I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Quote:

I have not had any problems with offset, I don't remember exactly but I believe the wheels have a slight positive offset but it doesn't hurt the car in any way.

Quote:
I bought these wheels the other day and was wondering if the 185/65 tires look like they would fit if your bug was lowered 2.5 inches in the front and 1ish inch in the rear, thanks

If you are going to lower your car I would recommend going with a tire with a shorter sidewall like what the person with the Ghia has. I remember having about 2 - 2 1/2 inches between the tire and inner rim when the front wheels were turned fully to the left or right.

I hoped I answered everyone's questions, I am planning on installing a front disk brake kit at some point so when I do I will update this thread.
AdamNuggets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Enkei Compe Reply with quote

would these wheels have offset issues on a late type 3?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: