Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New US Exportation Requirements
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: New US Exportation Requirements Reply with quote

this just in. the exportation requirements for shipping cars out of the country have gotten much stricter and more highly regulated as of january 2014.

if you are thinking about selling a vehicle or have one for sale you need to read the following:
http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/regulations/regs/regulations20130603-federalregister.pdf

http://www.pageandjones.com/forms/ncbfaa.pdf
If you don’t have an EIN number you can apply for one by contacting the IRS 800-829-4933 or visiting the following website:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=102767,00.html

it's not as easy as it used to be and no one, neither us or foreign buyers will be happy about any of this for no reason other than it makes it more work to sell your vehicle.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another NEW regulation for the citizens of our free country Laughing

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
sabimports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just went through the process this week. Thankfully i already have an ein # but another pain in the neck, nonetheless
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you posted.
In practical terms, what do you have to do to sell a vehicle overseas?
Could you or anyone else who has dealt with this new stuff summarize?

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already done this and it took less than an hour of reading the rules and regulations and then applying for the EIN#. Once that was done it was all good and the shipper was happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as a Canadian I go buy a car off Craigslist in the US does this apply to the average joe private seller or is it only a dealer or overseas thing?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
So as a Canadian I go buy a car off Craigslist in the US does this apply to the average joe private seller or is it only a dealer or overseas thing?

This is for anyone who is exporting or importing a vehicle.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind

Last edited by Keith on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not so sure the ocean needs to be involved. if it leaves the US, then these new rules apply.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: