Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Real or fake pins?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Real or fake pins? Reply with quote

lasslo wrote:
Is this real or fake?
Newer seen a etui for maches before, I'm guessing fake Smile

For sale on a swedish auctionsite.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I had one of those match book covers and after searching and searching, I came to the conclusion that it is not real, one of those marking written in German translates to patent pending, the Nazi party owned everything in Germany in 1938 , they did not have any patents pending with anybody. plus it is of my understanding that they were just passing some pins around to commemorate the occasion, again this is just my opinion, I would like to see other comments on this though. Real or not, it is a very nice piece for a collection though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Real or fake pins? Reply with quote

The GRUNDSTEINLEGUNG des VOLKSWAGENWERKES matchbox holder is certainly a fantasy and fake . . . . and the matches do look real Popcorn

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
niels_kristiansen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Real or fake pins? Reply with quote

Can any tell med about this one ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Real or fake pins? Reply with quote

Hi Niels,

This is a KdF badge worn by a worker in the Volkswagenwerk factory.

This badge appears to be original & genuine from the KdF Wagen era (from the photos).

These KdF badges were painted in different colors indicating which part of the factory you worked in.

The badge is made from metal and the manufacturer was B.H. MAYER of Pforzheim, Germany.

Thanks for showing the photos.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
niels_kristiansen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Real or fake pins? Reply with quote

Thanks Bob

Can you estimate any value?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Real or fake pins? Reply with quote

Hi Niels,

Interestingly, they made thousands of them during that time period.

But after WWII, it was a NO-NO in Germany to have anything with a Swastika on it.

I guess many of them were thrown away and gotten rid of.

They do not come up for sale often enough to get a "what's the going price for them."

I guess it depends on how bad you want one and what you are willing to pay for it.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: