Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

help with stove and fridge
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dustinwor
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: help with stove and fridge Reply with quote

Hello i have a 84 wolfsburg westy i need some help with the stove and fridge they both seem to leak around the valves but i opened them up and so no orings i am using a 1 pound cylinder to test them as i have them out right now while new body panels are being welded in also i can not get the fridge to run off 110 or the battery haven't tried propane yet any information or ideas would be helpfull thank you very much
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tear that fridge out put in a cooler on its end and use blocks of ice
Or put in shelfs and store stuff
Those worked crappy when they where new
I took out the stove top lp tank and fridge first thing then changed my fuel lines, I sleep much better in the westy now Wink

Cook outside on a Coleman and use a grill in camp, your interior will thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Farf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try some gas valve grease around the stems.

https://www.etundra.com/restaurant-parts/tools/foo...ve-grease/

Are you using a pressure regulator on the 1 lb. cylinder? Actual tank pressure at the valves might cause the stems to leak anyway. Your regulated tank pressure should be about 11" water column for proper appliance operation, for leak testing maybe about 1 psig. Don't let that pressure go beyond the valve stem of the refrigerator you could possibly damage the bellows in the thermostat. I don't think the stove would be affected by higher test pressures.

Good Luck..

Edit: Check the supply voltage and continuity of the heating elements both 110v and the 12vdc, They are separate heaters. If both are bad consider another option. If money is an issue check the Part It Foward sticky to see if anyone has some heaters, switches or whatever you need.
dustinwor
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i forgot to put a regulator on it now pne burner works one dosent no leaks now thougj , but the fridge still dosent run on gas i have spark from the ignitor
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: