Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mcmscott - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mcmscott
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: mcmscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'm surprised that I'm the first to leave feedback for Scott Sebastian from Metalcraft Motorsports. I first contacted him when I was reading up to learn about what goes into a well built street transmission. We exchanged several messages about how I wanted the trans built, what it was going to be used for, engine specifics, tire size and stuff like that. I told him that I had a single side cover trans with a 3.88 and the better mainshaft to start a swing axle build, we talked about 3rd and 4th gear options, and then he suggested the rest of the better parts, 002 coarse spline 3 and 4 gears, steel shift forks, weddle super diff, later case, etc. I shipped him the core, and he sent back the fully built trans, with a bunch of extra parts I needed and had requested, and instructions on how to install the axles and tubes. Packed really well, as it had to make it coast to coast..
My only regret is that he isn't closer, I would use him for a transmission build again no questions.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: mcmscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Scott built a Transmission for me a year ago. I figured feedback weighs more on this sort of thing after some times goes by to rack up some miles.
Scott has the talent to mix/match different years of internal parts to come up with the strongest combo. Not only that, he can modify parts beyond belief. You dont get this kind of attention with the assembly line specials.

I wanted a trans that can handle high speed driving to live in todays fast paced freeway speeds. Rhino case, 3.88, .082, superdiff, modified mainshaft, and fixed a host of mess ups from another "box builder". He pulled the trans apart and showed me why and how things failed previously.

The build was documented nicely below. So many tricks in this build its amazing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678769&highlight=store+bought

The trans installed and testing its limits:
https://youtu.be/w7bAyu9Vgeo

A year later, im 10,000 hard miles in it and all is well. 40 miles a day 75-80 mph in the fast lane to work and back.

Luckily there are still people in this world with this kind of passion to build well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: mcmscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great communication, fast shipping, would highly recommend
scottf1887
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: mcmscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Incredible customer service and Scott really took care of me when I needed help fast. He built me a great trans for my street car, made sure the parts and service was top notch and Scott always made time to talk through whatever silly transaxle questions I had. Thanks again Scott, and looking forward to the next one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

USMCbug
Samba Yoda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: mcmscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Super nice and a real asset to the VW community. Sent me some case studs that I really needed that you just can’t get anywhere. He sent them and covered the shipping too. I was blown away. Thanks again Scott!
65 Split Window Bus
79 Baywindow Bus
71 Super Beetle (current)

"When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
scabbard."
- General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: mcmscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Scott Sebastion is the best. I`ve known him for over 30 years. He will tell it like it is, and not do you wrong. He`s built several engines and transmission s for me over the years. Including the 4.57 trans and mild 2276 engine for my old 68 camper at least 5 years ago. And it`s still going strong.
Don Jones
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: mcmscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sent a late model single side cover irs trans to Scott to checkout and R&R. I just got the car running and the trans shifts so smooth and quiet that i couldn't believe it. Just like a brand new trans!

I purchase a pro-street trans from a well know guy on the east coast and was totally dissatisfied with it, shifting was notchie, trans noisy, reverse gear hard to find.

Scott - You're a Awesome Trans Builder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: