Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Portland Oregon Area is Happening!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankenSubySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trails near my house at yacolt burn state forest are due to open in July. I want to have a party at my house and go wheeling during the day. Who's in?
F & R lockers, decoupler, SS, 6.17 R&P
Trans Cooler
EMPI race prepped 930 CVs and axles
Bilstein coilover front, rear ProComp MX-6066R shocks, 14" hypercoil springs
30x9.5 15" BFG Muds
Custom skid plates
Nose job (custom front bumper) http://www.flickr.com/photos/subyvanagon/sets/72157624970330925/
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankenSubySyncro wrote:
The trails near my house at yacolt burn state forest are due to open in July. I want to have a party at my house and go wheeling during the day. Who's in?
I'm not just in, I'm all in Cool Savage you should consider camping at MOGFEST, it is very family friendly and a blast for all. 4x4 pit action and river soaking during the day. NorthwestMogfest.com check it out.
VanWilder has given back to me more then I could ever put into it September 22, 2010
Malama Ka `Aina—"Respect the Land"

Last edited by VanWilder on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanWilder wrote:
FrankenSubySyncro wrote:
I'm not just in, I'm all in Cool Savage you should consider camping at MOGFEST, it is very family friendly and a blast for all. 4x4 pit action and river soaking during the day. NorthwestMogfest.com check it out.

VanWilder has given back to me more then I could ever put into it September 22, 2010
Jahbah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know I'm always in for some Syncro action. When were you thinking of having a party David? My 4th plans for a long weekend Campout got canceled on Friday due to family not coming into town. I'm thinking about hanging in Portland for the 4th, so 5th-6th would work for me.? I'm sure Kidd would be down too because it's after the 1st and he wants to get to washington after the 1st Wink .
Uncle Bills would be a great weekend for some basic work shops on wheeling for the new Syncro drivers that just joined the club! I hope that we can have a good turn out to teach, listen and learn and perhaps get some other Vanagon owners turned on to Syncro piloting. All are welcome it's not a Syncro only event, and maybe some 2wd work shops on how to handle sticky situations with an open rear end....
S4vage I look forward to the argyle winery event. It's a ways off but not too soon to plan and get excited about it.
I hope y'all had a great weekend. I want to get into town durning the week for a beer too, maybe we can get aswah out of moving duties for a night.

Cheers gang
Jah bless
Jahbah~D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for a party and wheelen anytime! Should be back in town in Wednesday or Thursday. Clean out the van and head back out sounds good!
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Uncle Bill's Timber Town Reply with quote

Ok so in speaking to a few of you about Uncle Bill's, here is a long list of attendes this far.
Second weekend in July.
Vanwilder
Jahbah
FrankenSyncro
Jkidd
Kwilk
GWTWTW ?
Who else is down for some campimg in Vernonia on private land. Syncro/Vanagon workshops. Soaking in the Nehalem River. Morell mushroom hunting and world class level boce ballng. Wink
Speak up and be added to the short list. Space is running out. We can only have 8 vehicles for this trip.
FrankenSubySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what date yet or when the trails will be open in July. I am in Colorado for work until July 2.
F & R lockers, decoupler, SS, 6.17 R&P
Trans Cooler
EMPI race prepped 930 CVs and axles
Bilstein coilover front, rear ProComp MX-6066R shocks, 14" hypercoil springs
30x9.5 15" BFG Muds
Custom skid plates
Nose job (custom front bumper) http://www.flickr.com/photos/subyvanagon/sets/72157624970330925/
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Uncle Bill's Timber Town Reply with quote

VanWilder wrote:
Ok so in speaking to a few of you about Uncle Bill's, here is a long list of attendes this far.
Second weekend in July

I have camping plans for that Saturday night but might be able to come out for Friday night...
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankenSubySyncro wrote:
Not sure what date yet or when the trails will be open in July. I am in Colorado for work until July 2.
Ok then, I am counting you and Pete in on this one. We need a couple of good teachers for the Workshops. Cool
SyncroJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jahbah"]Yeah let's figure out some dates for this trip. I was thinking the end of July very beginning of August. 25-27 of July works for me.

I think I can make these dates too. The 25th is my wed anniversary so I'll have to finesse this with the wife. Smile
SyncroJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody ever Ralleycross their syncro before? This one's this weekend in the couv. I'm going to check it out.

http://oregonrally.com/ai1ec_event/june-org-rallycross/?instance_id=196
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SyncroJack wrote:
Jahbah wrote:
Yeah let's figure out some dates for this trip. I was thinking the end of July very beginning of August. 25-27 of July works for me.

I think I can make these dates too. The 25th is my wed anniversary so I'll have to finesse this with the wife. Smile

I went to Syncro Solstice over my anniversary this year if that helps your argument at all. I did have some making up to do to my wife, but it worked out well.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
aswah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: dipping down into reality... for a minute Reply with quote

yes, YES YES. Had a great week or so camping in the NW after an eight year hiatus... lots of pictures to come except we still are on the road... found a few cherry spots around Mt Hood and Mt St Helens... woke up to rain; after living in the desert for two years cool wet rain are mating words (note: this post is written after several brews at Wet Dog Cafe then Rogue in Astoria). I woke up this morning with cool rain falling, mist in the mountains, sizzling thick cut applewood smoked bacon cooking on my griddle... we decided to go south maybe Sisters to finish out our week, maybe meet up with buddy Karl Mullendore... as usual (and with a 3 year old) plans changed... We decided the Coast was for us. Headed to Astoria and somewhere in between pint one and three of Imperial IPA or barleywine I got a phone call saying I should head north to Seattle to audition for 'The Taste' season three. Hellfrigginyeahbaby. At some point I will fill the blanks and hopefully drag a few more of you PDXers out into the puckerbrush for some hops... I LOVE OREGON! thanks for having me...

Aswah, Lisa, Beaumont and Loose Lucy Too!

1989 Westy
2013 Jetta Sportswagon TDI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny . . . "The Portland Oregon Area is Happening!", but the main attraction is the WASHINGTON BDR. Dancing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604813&highlight=baja

"If anything's" gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there"
~ Captain Ron ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrshrimp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:
Funny . . . "The Portland Oregon Area is Happening!", but the main attraction is the WASHINGTON BDR. Dancing

Ya, real funny.
Jahbah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Folks!

Drove by the Waldersee farm today, starting to think about mooooogfest, I hope to offer up some free time to help setup. Maybe do some scouting through the pit. Cool I'm excited to circle the wagons with yall. Maybe Aswah will join us this year? Glad to hear your loving being back up here. I know that feeling everytime I return to the PNW. Did you find Lake Takhlakh?Pictures please!

Syncrojack, you gotta listen to Christopher. The wife will understand. If not bring her along she will have a blast. Unfortunatly I cant rally this weekend, but it sure sounds fun. I'd love to hear that turbo whistle round the bends, or are you planning on rallying the '76? Laughing

Corwyn, Nailed it! hahaha. truth is were all well traveled and go where ever the action happens to be. Feel free to fall in with us if your area isnt happening enough. Razz We have people from all over in this group, fart'er away than you even. Come hang. We could probably fit one more on the WBCDR. For the record: nwmfest is the main event, and its the snortinest rootenst tootenest humdingin time this side of the moon! Very Happy and I got Cooookies!
later
Jahbah
Jahbah~D
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:

It's all Cascadia, so it's all good

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Uncle Bill's Timber Town Reply with quote

VanWilder wrote:
Second weekend in July.
Vanwilder
Jahbah
FrankenSyncro
Jkidd
Kwilk
GWTWTW ?
Who else is down for some campimg in Vernonia on private land. Syncro/Vanagon workshops. Soaking in the Nehalem River. Morell mushroom hunting and world class level boce ballng. Wink
Speak up and be added to the short list. Space is running out. We can only have 8 vehicles for this trip.

If there is still room, count me in on this one!

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Uncle Bill's Timber Town Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
Second weekend in July.
Vanwilder
Jahbah
FrankenSyncro
Jkidd
Kwilk
GWTWTW ?
Who else is down for some campimg in Vernonia on private land. Syncro/Vanagon workshops. Soaking in the Nehalem River. Morell mushroom hunting and world class level bocce ballng. Wink

If there is still room, count me in on this one!

Vanwilder
Jahbah
FrankenSyncro
Jkidd
Kwilk
GWTWTW
Christopher

Yup you are in Christopher, that closes the list down. I just got off the phone with Uncle Bill out at Timber Town and he has given the thumbs up on this trip and staying on his property. I will be writing up liability waivers for all who are attending to sign. Bill is a gracious man with a big heart (50+ years of Logging knowledge) and 100 + acres of land for us to practice and learn from our resident 4X4 teachers. This is going to be a fantastic weekend.
Uncle Bill's Timber Town July 11th-13th

Highlights:
100 acres of private land
Beginner to advanced trails (David will hopefully do "The Wall") and show us how it is done. Laughing
Nehalem River access
Vernonia Lake
Fishing and Crawfishing
Lots of great views and deer abound.

Be on the look out for a PM coming the week of with directions and more details. Cool Please call me if you have any questions on the front end 503.593.2936 Wink

Last edited by VanWilder on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance some of us can come watch for an afternoon?
Me and my seven year old would like to check this out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: