Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCgee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

Looking for 2x of the old stock 16x6, 5x112 Mefro steel rims. It appears they're no longer manufactured or carried stateside. Have found one international retailer that maybe carries new old stock?

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D251%2D601%2D027%2DMF

Any beta is appreciated.
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

Cip1 is located in the US and Canada. Plus it looks like they qualify for free shipping. Or is that not the wheel you are looking for?
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

BCgee wrote:
Have found one international retailer that maybe carries new old stock?

Zooming in, rotating wheel image shows:

"Mefro", 43220 106 Made In Germany 5. 28 14. Wheel was made in 2014 ?

I'd thought Mefro wheels were made in SA but maybe not. Not saying image shows what one would get but likely is?

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
BCgee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

MarkWard wrote:
Cip1 is located in the US and Canada. Plus it looks like they qualify for free shipping. Or is that not the wheel you are looking for?

Yes - the CIP1 wheel appears to be what I’m looking for, although I’m not wild about the price: just searching for confirmation from the braintrust that no other sources known sources exist. Thanks for the feedback 👍
Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

CiP1 is in CA, USA. They ship fast and have always done me right FWIW. It seems the usual suspects are utilizing cheaper steel wheels and I know the SA 15" steels are NLA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

BCgee wrote:
MarkWard wrote:

Yes - the CIP1 wheel appears to be what I’m looking for, although I’m not wild about the price: just searching for confirmation from the braintrust that no other sources known sources exist. Thanks for the feedback 👍

Free shipping. You need to factor that in too. Go Westy had a pipe for my syncro exhaust on sale. The shipping price was more than the asking price. I had to pass.
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

if you want it, you better move fast, looks like they only have 1.

try putting 2 in your cart.
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:
BCgee wrote:
Have found one international retailer that maybe carries new old stock?

Zooming in, rotating wheel image shows:

"Mefro", 43220 106 Made In Germany 5. 28 14. Wheel was made in 2014 ?

I'd thought Mefro wheels were made in SA but maybe not. Not saying image shows what one would get but likely is?

Neil.

They are (or were) made in Germany.

If they only have one, try contacting Campervan Culture. They might have one or 2 left (That's where I got my set from)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:

Neil.

Metros were.always made in germany. There were.similar looking SA steel rims prior but they weren't as heavy duty. Wink
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Stateside source 16" Mefro Rims? Reply with quote

I have a set of Mefro's, and a set of SA's. They are both HD wheels, but the Mefro 15x6 rim is a bit heavier than the 15x7 SA. I had my Mefro's widened, so they are a little heavier now Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1899961.jpg

Cant go wrong with either (if you can find them).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: