Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Block off for 36hp
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

I am running a WW “okrasa” kit in my 60. PO installed an electric fuel pump and regulator and just used the stock pump as a pass through. I’m getting a leak or “weeping” somewhere and want to just get rid of the stock fuel pump altogether and run SS lines hidden behind the shroud. Does anyone make a billet or plain steel block off plate? Haven’t compared but is the footprint similar or the same to the one for 40hp and later?
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

someome with a vertical mill will make you one in mili seconds. or you could make one. i dont think it gets much easier than that Wink
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

Send me the fuel pump so I can see the shape and thickness of the block off and I can make you one. PM me about material and cost. Here are pictures of a fancy one I make for a 356 Porsche. Tom

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA

Last edited by Tom_Kathleen on Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

Tom_Kathleen wrote:
Send me the fuel pump so I can see the shape and thickness of the block off and I can make you one. PM me about material and cost. Tom

Thank you for the offer. I can get one made along with some other items that I have cut, but was trying to see if any company was producing them and had them “on the shelf”. Wonder if there would be a market for such a thing?
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

If you have a gasket, you have the template. All you need is a chunk of 3/16-1/4" aluminum.
IMO, most of the 36hp market is geared towards keeping things sorta stock, or using period correct upgrades. No doubt you would sell a few, but I doubt it'd be a hot item.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

esde wrote:
If you have a gasket, you have the template. All you need is a chunk of 3/16-1/4" aluminum.
IMO, most of the 36hp market is geared towards keeping things sorta stock, or using period correct upgrades. No doubt you would sell a few, but I doubt it'd be a hot item.

Maybe I’ll start a new trend. Retro custom sort of thing. Which is what I’m going for with mine. Going to block off the fuel pump. Bend up some SS lines for behind the shroud and Powdercoat, paint and anodize some items.
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

The reason I asked for the 36HP fuel pump was that I would need to know the thickness of the block off so the original studs could be used. This way the engine could go back to stock easily. That is why my sample Porsche 356 block off is so thick. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Block off for 36hp Reply with quote

Tom_Kathleen wrote:
The reason I asked for the 36HP fuel pump was that I would need to know the thickness of the block off so the original studs could be used. This way the engine could go back to stock easily. That is why my sample Porsche 356 block off is so thick. Tom

I’ll take a measurement shortly and advise.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: