Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quick Vendor Review - Bob's Auto Salvage and Used VW Parts
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerdhotrod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Quick Vendor Review - Bob's Auto Salvage and Used VW Parts Reply with quote

I just wanted to share an incredibility positive vendor experience I recently had. I needed a full hinge assembly for my recently purchased 76 westy. Common part, thought it would be an EASY acquisition to find a good used/workable part.

After calling a few "Bigger Name" used part vendors that deal with mainly bus parts I got pricing that ranged from 110-190. I opted for not the cheapest quote, but the one that seemed to come from one of the more reputable vendors on this forum. I waited over a week for the part to arrive and honestly... I feel like I got crap in a box. I received an unusable broken hinge that looked like it has been sitting at the bottom of a lake for the last 30 years. (they took it back no questions asked, A+ for the way they handled the return)

Fast fwd to late last week, I really wanted the hinge for the weekend so I could get my sliding door all squared away. After a quick google search I frond Bob's Auto Salvage and Used VW Parts in Strattanville PA.... It was a yard that I had never heard of before but was on the east coast so I gave them a whirl.

Called up, the person that answered (Bob I'm assuming)... Couldn't have been nicer, asked me how long I had my bus (seemed like he actually cared!), took my order (35 bucks for a full hinge btw!!!). The package arrived 2 days later (in time for the weekend), inside it was a clean, media blasted, complete working hinge with all associated hardware! It looked brand new, was pre-lubricated and ready for install.

This may not seem like a big deal, but I just felt like it deserved a short note here! Bob won my future business!
soissisc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live near and have been to Bob's. Great guy. Glad everything worked out for you.

68 Westy
92 Jetta (semi retired)
99 Eurovan
05 NBC
06 Audi A3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that there are still some "good guys" out there in the retail/salvage world. Good for him!

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chazz79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this guy deserves the wrist slap Rolling Eyes

I knew that was coming Boo hoo!
It's not a huge deal for the west coast crowd where parts sources are on every corner but over here I run out of vendors I can count before I run out of fingers. Maybe they do deserve a little more attention. Some of the small time, vw specific junkyards require a very concise googling or you'll never find them. Tossing there name around on the samba gives them extra places to hit at.

I never knew about them until now.

The green monster in bits and peices: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332556&highlight=green+monster
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: