Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hey Jobenaus
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluefirefly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jobenaus wrote:
Yup gets warm...which is great in northern climes on cool days, but not so great other times. I will close it off some time and put a 2way fan/vent there hopefully. light is nice though

I understand for the light.
Could you cover it? I mean something easy to put on or off.

Not sure if you could have a fan at the rear on the sealed hinged door because of exhaust fume when driving.
Thinking about it because we''ll get a higher top for our van for winter trip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jobenaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefirefly....you could probably put a slider type shade on the inside to block the sun if needed. Something like this. Reflector type material to the outside would probably help even more

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My thought is to eliminate the skylight and add one of these. A friend has one on a multipurpose trailer and it stays cool in there even on the hotest day. You push the hot air out diring the day and suck the cool air in in the evening so you can cool the place down to sleep.

bluefirefly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jobenaus wrote:
bluefirefly....you could probably put a slider type shade on the inside to block the sun if needed. Something like this. Reflector type material to the outside would probably help even more

My thought is to eliminate the skylight and add one of these. A friend has one on a multipurpose trailer and it stays cool in there even on the hotest day. You push the hot air out diring the day and suck the cool air in in the evening so you can cool the place down to sleep.

Thanks, looks nice. This is a good idea.
Now, lets find a hightop that we like....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: