Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for my old 1970 Karmann Ghia Challenge Car
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbpickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Looking for my old 1970 Karmann Ghia Challenge Car Reply with quote

Hello all:
I have been away from ACVW’s since my divorce about 5 years ago and have just now started to slowly get back into them. I traded a motorcycle I had for a sand rail a couple of months ago and started coming back to The Samba for ideas and inspiration.

All of this got me wondering what ever happened to my 1970 Karmann Ghia. It was a barn find and was built as my teams entry in the 2006 Grassroots Motorsports Challenge. I sold the car a year or so later (07 or 08 ) and the last I saw of it she was listed on the Vortex a couple years ago. I have lost track of it since then. I would love to have it back one day, but honestly right now that’s not financially in the cards. It would be nice however to track it down and see what ever became of it.

So I thought I would ask here for help to that end. Has anyone seen or know of what became of my car?? The pictures of it green with the white top are as I raced and sold it. The White with Blue top was the last time I saw it. Last I heard it was in the north east. Any leads would be great!

Thanks All!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked really cool with the Rivieras and the big tires on it. Good luck in your search.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
kman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're you at Car at Carlisle import show 2007? I remember a green one driving around the track there, then changing the wheels and driving off after the timed laps.
sbpickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me kman. I had a ball that day! I took these that day...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small world. I drove a white 78 civic hondamatic all the way from michigan that weekend. You did well with all the beemers there. I went to the track just to watch and was surprised to see the Ghia. I had mine for a couple years at that point and was thinking I might never bother to fix it.
sbpickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for my old 1970 Karmann Ghia Challenge Car Reply with quote

Bump, this car has to be somewhere
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for my old 1970 Karmann Ghia Challenge Car Reply with quote

Wait!

I may have found it!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sbpickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for my old 1970 Karmann Ghia Challenge Car Reply with quote

Very Possible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: