Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing Mirrors
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Luni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Thing Mirrors Reply with quote

Just looking for people’s thoughts on the mirror issue- It seems like it’s one of those thing-specific parts that’s getting more and more expensive to replace. On my ’74, the threading on the male part that screws into the body got stripped, but the female part is OK. I don’t want to spend $100 on a whole replacement mirror, but the Thing shop can’t sell me just the part I need. I’ll probably look for an old bus mirror just for that part, but since my mirrors are getting a little rugged looking anyway, I wanted to see if anyone had creative mirror solutions that don’t involve screwing generic modern looking mirrors in their place.
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one last year in the classifieds for $40 that was in good shape. Keep looking and they pop up occasionally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edgy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get th part from a bus mirror. Make sure you soak it in penetrating oil so you don't break it off at teh bottom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: