Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My bus won't start.
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDeathMarch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: My bus won't start. Reply with quote

I just replaced the clutch and i put the engine back in and then now my car won't start all the wiring should be right. We double check it and the car turns over when it's being jumped by another car. Do i just need a new battery? or could it be something else?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it start with a jump?

Are you getting gas, air and spark?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheDeathMarch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is. the thing is I gave the battery a full charge last night. Also this mornin i tryed jump startin it, and it turns over and i get more response when we tryed but never fully started up. I'm thinkin it's the battery.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is indeed getting gas and spark to the cylinders.

If it will start with a jump, I would agree your battery is suspect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get your multi-meter out and check the voltage at the battery. then, check that the terminal connections are clean and tight, then check your ground straps, clean and tighten and/or replace as necessary. Do this, and you eliminate your battery as the culprit. now, pull a spark plug and check for good spark. if your battery was weak, you may have flooded the engine trying to start it and fouled the plugs. clean 'em or replace 'em. If the plugs aren't wet, and you have good spark, then check fuel flow from the pump. Assuming you have a carbed engine, check for proper operation at the carb(s). If FI, uh.. Ratwell? Skeptic?

i know this is all pretty basic stuff, and you've probably done most of it, but if you're sure your wiring is correct, then it's all just fundamentals- air, spark, fuel.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: