Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can anyone tell me what model this 15" Audi Wheel is?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Can anyone tell me what model this 15" Audi Wheel is? Reply with quote

I lost the rear driver's side 15" Audi wheel and tire recently. I either have to replace the one lost or get all new (4) ones. This is a PITA job but if I can find out the year and model of this Audi wheel it will be slightly easier.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronal R8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daizee,

Those wheels are from a 1980-1983 Audi 5000 Turbo. It has to be from the Turbo model. The regular car had different wheels and a different bolt pattern. You may find they're pretty hard to locate at this point. Those cars are very rare.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yes I have a gut feeling this will be an exercise in futility AND expensive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out motorgeek, you may be able to find a single.
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part number 437601025C (but part number 437601025D would work too, it's just more of a silver color compared to your bronzish color).

http://www.wheelcollision.com/audi3a.htm

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/audi-4000-1983_p-19139-aluminum-wheel-rim-15x6-58635.aspx

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mega thanks
bluefirefly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:
Part number 437601025C (but part number 437601025D would work too, it's just more of a silver color compared to your bronzish color).

http://www.wheelcollision.com/audi3a.htm

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/audi-4000-1983_p-19139-aluminum-wheel-rim-15x6-58635.aspx

This is good!

I guess you are set Daisy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that sure simplifies the chore. Got to love the brains in Samba.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad well my search has turned up nothing in regards to that specific audi wheel, apparently not many turned out as was for a specific audi turbo diesel. I've asked the original converter for any leads but no replies so guess I have to buy 4 new used 15" rims and tires (my tires are almost bald). Thanks for your info and ideas tho.
SyncroJack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look like them? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Ronal-Rims-With-Tires...mp;vxp=mtr
No shipping though. Crying or Very sad
Sorry........

I think they look nice on your van.
Hope you can find one!
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are these not the common Audi 5000 quattro wheel?

There are at least 25 for sale on car-part.com for $100 or less.

Type in Audi 5000 quattro 1987
Select wheel
Select with image

Cheers
Gruppe B
uncommonvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link...http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/gatineau/audi-50...nFlag=true

These look like a different colour than what you have but if you need tires anyway another $50 in paint while they're bare rims will get them all matching.

Don't forget that to put that rim on your Vanagon you will need to have the centre bore machined, adding to the cost. If you need tires anyway you might want to consider finding some Mercedes wheels with tires already mounted, especially if you have too buy all four?

Mercedes 15" rims for $200
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/kitchener-waterl...nFlag=true

Good luck
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that one in Gatineau (formerly known as Hull across the river from Ottawa) sounds good. I'll phone them tomorrow. Thanks all once again.

oooooohhhhh I like those Mercedes wheels and then they can be rotated! But they say suitable for low profile tires. Is that a factor for or against when using on Vanagon?
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did track down one Audi wheel in Gatineau, PQ but they didn't call me back for my payment nor delivery information which was a relief BECAUSE

4 Mercedes 500 series rims and winter tires landed in my lap today GRATIS!!! It's thru my mechanic and do I feel fortunate and/or privileged. I don't need winter tires but I do need tires and so these are just fine.
Sir Sam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAIZEE wrote:
I did track down one Audi wheel in Gatineau, PQ but they didn't call me back for my payment nor delivery information which was a relief BECAUSE

4 Mercedes 500 series rims and winter tires landed in my lap today GRATIS!!! It's thru my mechanic and do I feel fortunate and/or privileged. I don't need winter tires but I do need tires and so these are just fine.

Nice score! Talk to loogy about hardware or spacers for your specific wheel.

87' Syncro + '87 Westy conversion coming soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: