Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Say it ain't so, Bob!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had the Scratch, A vehicle associated with the skilled craftsman hands of Bob , and a legacy from one of the coolest folks ever to grace this forum (Russ Wolfe) it would be a car I would treasure. But I sure someone else out there with some expendable cash will come forward for this piece of samba history

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few things -

Thanks Bob for rescuing the car and bringing Russ's car back to life and thanks for you and Sue documenting the effort so thoroughly. Also, thanks for carrying on Russ's legacy of answering everyone's questions generously and accurately.

As for the price - it should be gone by now. That's a deal! It's a no-rust, all steel T34 that is mechanically top shape.

As for the 65 Sunroof Lee just sold, that was my old car. Although it was like a member of the family, I was convinced to sell it earlier this year. My decision was made easier by the compensation and the fact that my 68 sunroof - automatic is turning out to be a pretty nice car. Plus, like Bob, I had too many cars. I currently am in the process of increasing my stated value for insurance purposes and Hagerty is accepting the Ebay sale as part of the documentation for the purpose.

So, Bob, when you sell the T34, what's the next project?

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reay wrote:
Just a few things -

Thanks Bob for rescuing the car and bringing Russ's car back to life and thanks for you and Sue documenting the effort so thoroughly. Also, thanks for carrying on Russ's legacy of answering everyone's questions generously and accurately.

So, Bob, when you sell the T34, what's the next project?

Thanks for the compliments. It was a learning curve for sure, and we had fun doing it (other than the upper door seal deal). And being able to get Russ's dream done was a bonus. Cool I just hope everybody that followed that thread learned something about T-34s, as they are a unique car, and are constructed very different from a regular type 3.

As for my next project, it'll be getting my 65 Sunroof Notch finished. It's got a couple of issues (some rust, and some other stuff), and some of it I've been "living with" for several years. Rolling Eyes I want to correct that (I've already got the parts needed), but just haven't had the time nor opportunity to get to it. It doesn't help that I've also been daily driving it. Wink Other than that, I don't really have any plans (at this time) to do another project. That's not saying IF the right one comes along, I won't do another, but at this time, I just want to get some stuff caught up. Laughing
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of stuff I mean.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: