Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: kekonaiii
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 04, 2024
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:

Maybe Kona has an email with your "old" address??

I don't have a UPS account, but on my Fedex account if I type in a label and click "save address" as I often do the name and address will auto populate the next time I type in that persons name. If I fail to confirm the address is unchanged the box could easily go to the wrong location.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it's something that could happen through the Fedex system.

That is possibly the way that old address came from- Odd that this is the only package gone astray in many years- but the whole point here is the correct address in a Friday AM email being replaced over the week end to be sent on Monday to the wrong address and expecting your customer to pay for your error in addressing a package in steve fleming store.. AND a simple claim to UPS would have solved everything with UPS sending Steve a check and him sending me another set of pistons.-- BUT NO- I'm some scammer trying to get something for nothing- Truth is - as a shipper- (pre usps insurance days) I have covered loss due to theft by Po employees.- it was the cost of doing business-
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

... these round horn grills are the best price on thesamba... nicely finished and fit perfect. Also, appreciate that kona welcomes several methods of payments... most accommodating. Great communicator and ships right away...

A+ rating.

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
campingbox wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:

I don't have a UPS account, but on my Fedex account if I type in a label and click "save address" as I often do the name and address will auto populate the next time I type in that persons name. If I fail to confirm the address is unchanged the box could easily go to the wrong location.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it's something that could happen through the Fedex system.

That is possibly the way that old address came from- Odd that this is the only package gone astray in many years- but the whole point here is the correct address in a Friday AM email being replaced over the week end to be sent on Monday to the wrong address and expecting your customer to pay for your error in addressing a package in steve fleming store.. AND a simple claim to UPS would have solved everything with UPS sending Steve a check and him sending me another set of pistons.-- BUT NO- I'm some scammer trying to get something for nothing- Truth is - as a shipper- (pre usps insurance days) I have covered loss due to theft by Po employees.- it was the cost of doing business-

Interesting.
shows a PO box AND an Address.
I'm sure Koni would have noticed that as well.

But we all know we can update our paypal info instantaneously when ever we choose.

Wonder what it showed on the day Koni looked at it to address the package.

I'm leaning towards Koni doing things correctly.
Also, being as the shipping company did their job (delivering as addressed) as well, Koni would not have a claim against the shipping company.

FYI, I've been down this road with an out of country buyer who tried to buy a part from me, sent paypal under a different name in the US, and then asked that I ship to a different address than the paypal persons..guy simultaneously filed a claim for an "item not received" and sent me an email saying he needed it shipped "IMMEDIATELY" before I even had a chance to package the item. I lucked out by not shipping it (full ragtop roof).

two names, three addresses,...not a chance. I let paypal do their process with the funds.

I'm seeing a multiple address thing going on here, and you still haven't stated how Koni would have had your old address.

If all you say is true, He would only have the PO box and the address of the email you sent.
Where would he have gotten the old one from?
buy from him in the past?
email him the old one? then later the new one?
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
williamM wrote:
campingbox wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:

Interesting.
shows a PO box AND an Address.
I'm sure Koni would have noticed that as well.

Wonder what it showed on the day Koni looked at it to address the package.

YOUR RIGHT- steve would have seen the double address-- then started to question it- --but guess he figured it out before he finished the sentence.-- But that was when I sent him the address for a good UPS delivery--- but a long week end later- all that ground work was gone and away it went.

Don't step in any!
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

Plain and simple I sent him a email saying that UPS does not ship to PO BOX so he sent me the address to use which is one of the pictures he posted here. I don't have any old address for him I used the one he sent me in the email. He is proving my point by posting the email in here. HOW could I have his old address if I have NEVER even seen his old address. Nothing for me to look up he sent me the address to use and that is what is says on the invoice to where I sent it. If somehow UPS had his old address and sent it there then I have now power on the matter. He filed a claim with paypal and they found in my favor, now he filed a charge back with his CC saying unathorized use so here we go again now the CC company is dealing with paypal see where this one goes.

Everyone on here knows if I make a mistake I stand up and say so, I have no problem to admit it if it was my fault I don't have any issue if I am wrong, but as I can see I sent it to the address he furnished in the email.

How do I know he didn't go to his old address and pick up the item from whoever lives there, I am sure they are not into VW's so they would not have any use for pistons. So I would think they would call UPS and tell them this person doesn't live there and they would come and pick it up. There is also a phone number on the label that could be called.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

unauthorized CC use???

that's just nuts.
He authorized it when he clicked the button making the payment...

Please keep us posted on that outcome...hate to see that become the new paypal scam...
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

one of the problems with Quartzsite is it is a very mobile community- And today I went to the address you sent the package to--- the problem is the lady who lived there sold the spot to a new guy- and he doesn't know any thing about it. sorry.

My entire case rides on the e-mail sent to you on friday about where to send the parcel- and on monday- YOU sent it somewhere else- Then went to great lengths to keep from admitting that.

THEN went to great lengths to make me look like a criminal- I will spend the rest of my life and fortune to prove what a stupid idea that was - So If you will not check up on all the info shared here about your mistaken address and rude behavior then GOD bless- I'm not done-

Don't step in any!
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

hate to see sellers get cheated and hate to see buyers get shorted.

UPS made the delivery.

Is there anyway to determine what the actual label on the package had as the address?

hand written or printed out?

does UPS have the ability to change an address mid-shipment?

I sent a package to CA once and the UPS driver delivered it one street over to the same house # with a similar street name. they retrieved it and delivered right.

I can see a similar house # and street mistake, but there is no way I can see UPS delivering to a completely different address than whats on the label unless instructed to by someone.

I can believe Kona addressed it as instructed as well.

What I can not see is HOW or WHY Kona would have your old address (unless you gave it to him) or where he would have even obtained it.

SO what does the UPS tracking info provide as a trail?

Last edited by vwinnovator on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
unauthorized CC use???

that's just nuts.

Please keep us posted on that outcome...hate to see that become the new paypal scam...

Authorized it to be delivered to the correct address not out to the middle of nowhere.-- clear contract-- not followed up by shipper.-- deal done- clear fraud.

Don't step in any!
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:
unauthorized CC use???

that's just nuts.

Authorized it to be delivered to the correct address not out to the middle of nowhere.-- clear contract-- not followed up by shipper.-- deal done- clear fraud.

Authorized PAYMENT. plain and simple.

a delivery to an address associated to your name was made. the discrepancy is in why and how to that address.

I guess the only answer to this mystery is to see the actual shipping label.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
williamM wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:
unauthorized CC use???

that's just nuts.

Authorized PAYMENT. plain and simple.

a delivery to an address associated to your name was made. the discrepancy is in why and how to that address.

I guess the only answer to this mystery is to see the actual shipping label.

Guess your asking the wrong guy-- KONA can only tell where that came from and he's not talking.

Don't step in any!
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
hate to see sellers get cheated and hate to see buyers get shorted.

UPS made the delivery.

Is there anyway to determine what the actual label on the package had as the address?

hand written or printed out?

does UPS have the ability to change an address mid-shipment?

I sent a package to CA once and the UPS driver delivered it one street over to the same house # with a similar street name. they retrieved it and delivered right.

I can see a similar house # and street mistake, but there is no way I can see UPS delivering to a completely different address than whats on the label unless instructed to by someone.

I can believe Kona addressed it as instructed as well.

What I can not see is HOW or WHY Kona would have your old address (unless you gave it to him) or where he would have even obtained it.

SO what does the UPS tracking info provide as a trail?

go back and look at all the post- there are e-mails- there are UPS statements where it went there are instructions on friday that were ignored on monday-

Don't step in any!
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
I see in the UPS chat that it shows the pkg delivered to your "old" address on file.

BUT, I do not see anything CONFIRMING that your new? address is on their file..

you simply ask them to confirm the new address, but there is no indication that they did or that it is on file.

your hiding something here..

...I'm hiding the fact that no matter what address came from Paypal or UPS- the correct address was e-mailed on Friday and the wrong address was used on monday- can't follow directions???

why would Kona have an old address? Don't care- he was sent the correct address-
where would he have gotten it

?NOT an issue- The issue is why the emailed updated address was ignored.

Don't step in any!
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

Everyone on here knows if I make a mistake I stand up and say so, I have no problem to admit it if it was my fault I don't have any issue if I am wrong, but as I can see I sent it to the address he furnished in the email. NO --YOU DIDN'T

SO thats a clear as I can make it- if paypal or my bank want to see this it's readily available-

Don't step in any!
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

kekonaiii wrote:

I offered him insurance in the beginning and he declined

William?
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

There are two undisputed facts in this story.

1, the correct address was supplied to Kona a few days before the box was shipped.

2, UPS delivered it to a different address.

William seems to think that Kona somehow magically guessed what his old address was, and that Kona is obviously a total dickhead so he sent it to that wrong address.

William, until you can come up with a plausible explanation of how Kona found out your old address, it's not his fault.

A friend of mine is a driver for one of the major shipping companies, and he has some crazy stories to tell. I told him about this problem and asked him what he thinks may have happened.
If the shipping label was partly damaged with the address obscured, but still showing William's name, someone at UPS could have done some searching. My friend says the shipping companies keep records of where stuff is delivered, so their own records may have come up with the old address. Or maybe Mr. Google gave them the old address?
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
kekonaiii wrote:

I offered him insurance in the beginning and he declined

William?

That would be in an e-mail or money request or even mentioned in an ad-- look some up- see how many Kona ads mention insurance-

Nothing in any e-mails says anything about insurance- There is UPS automatic coverage- there is Paypal- missing insurance and there is bank charge card insurance---

Kona insurance??- aginst doing the wrong address.--sounds more like blackmail- buy my insurance or else Rolling Eyes ,

Don't step in any!

Last edited by williamM on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:

1, the correct address was supplied to Kona a few days before the box was shipped.

2, UPS delivered it to a different address.

so their own records may have come up with the old address. Or maybe Mr. Google gave them the old address?

Think your missing the point--

You see my ad- you use the message to buy- you get e-mails and pay thru paypal- You send me an address to ship it - I lose/forget that e-mail and ship it where I think is a good address- it goes astray- You send an e-mail about where it went-- I don't answer for 5 days- WHAT would you do-

Don't step in any!
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:

William, until you can come up with a plausible explanation of how Kona found out your old address, it's not his fault.

Send me your address in an e-mail and 164$- you never hear from me again- its not my fault.

Don't step in any!
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: kekonaiii - [email protected] - Kona Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
Bruce wrote:

Send me your address in an e-mail and 164$- you never hear from me again- its not my fault.

Latest is that KONA maynot have been home that monday and some one without access or reason to suspect changes - didn't see the email I sent with the correct address.

Also hear much about "drop shipping"- there is another weak spot-

Don't step in any!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: