Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I just lost someone I Love to Cancer
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

❤️❤️❤️❤️

For you, Tom
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Sorry man my stepmom died same thing last year.

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Tom. Right now is the worst with the lack of visitation too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Tom, it gets better over time. The bad times fade but missing them never gets easy.

Sunday will be 40 years for my dad.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

So sorry Tom. I unfortunately know how you're feeling. I just went through the same thing with my mom, except I am the only living child and she lived 40 miles over the boarder in Canada. She passed one year before Covid 19, before the border got closed down. Thinking about the good memories helps.

Hang in there.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

im sorry to hear that. even if i dont know you. i wouldnt wish alzheimers on any one. its not a pretty sight to watch. some people heal faster by shunning any thoughts of loved ones, while others the opposite. it just depends on who you are.

stay well
take care
God bless
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

so sorry Tom. I hope you find peace Crying or Very sad

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I recently found out that my grandma has liver cancer, she's not dead but if the treatments don't go well we have 3 to 6 months instead of 1 to 3 years. I'm not asking for sympathy but if anyone has any advice for helping family members with cancer it would be greatly appreciated.
gtrplyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Not looking for sympathy, Sept. 30th I was diagnosed with brain cancer. We lost our oldest daughter two years ago to cancer. My mom on sept. 2, 1977. It's no fun. Love those you have in your heart, tell 'em. Enjoy life.
On a side note, I may have to sell my buggy.
Stay well, I have enjoyed ready all about VW's and dune buggies on this site.
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

I have lost my Father, Aunt, two Brother-in-laws, a Sister-in-law and several close friends over the years to this disease. It is difficult each time no doubt about that! On feels very helpless standing by and watching the deterioration and suffering. That part I find to be the hardest to take especially toward the end. There comes a point in the process where death in spite of the on going heart ache of the loss is a release for all involved.

I do find comfort though in a belief of a higher power and an afterlife.

Good luck with your struggles, you are not alone there!
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

James 4:14
"Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away".
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

gtrplyr wrote:
Not looking for sympathy, Sept. 30th I was diagnosed with brain cancer. We lost our oldest daughter two years ago to cancer. My mom on sept. 2, 1977. It's no fun. Love those you have in your heart, tell 'em. Enjoy life.
On a side note, I may have to sell my buggy.
Stay well, I have enjoyed ready all about VW's and dune buggies on this site.
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Aw Man! I have been watching your Buggy build from afar. Disappointing news to say the least.

However I will tell you a story about a very dear friend of mine. 8 years ago he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had it removed. The Doctor at that time told him they could not remove it all, that type does not respond to further treatment and while slow growing, it will be back. Meanwhile his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, had the usual removal and treatments but passed away a year and a half later. Bear in mind - 3 kids in their teens, the youngest being hospitalized with mental illness for a while (no surprise there with the health trauma in the family!). Oh and a job loss thrown in!

Shortly after he was called back in for an operation to remove his tumor the second time. This time they felt more confident with the outcome and decided to give him Chemo and radiation treatments.

He called me up the other week very excited. His latest tests came back positive, he has been cancer free for a year and a half now, remarried a sweet lady and he told me that for the first time in 8 years there are no appointments for scans or tests on his calendar! The Doctor told him he is in the lucky 20% of survivors of his type of cancer.

Sent me a picture of the moose he just shot... there you go, I hope that puts some spring back in your step!
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Had and uncle pass from covid early this year - they found him slumped in his home after few days. Died few days later- was Covid 19 positve.

Had also an aunt die few weeks ago from cancer - died in the hospital.

Not long also, another close friend died from breast cancer.

Not really sure what to say -it is a challenge to all to have to deal w/ it. I see it at work all the time. And I am so tired - really burned out from it. I am looking for ways to get myself out and so another job. But at my age, a new career training might not be feasible. I just tell myself..just one more time..or one more day.

God bless all.
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Wow, been on thesamba for years and never knew this thread existed until I clicked on a link from one of crukab’s posts. Ironically I just got off the phone with my sister, discussing her father-in-law who was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma. This has been more or less the shittiest year ever. To all of you who’ve unfortunately posted here about a loved one, I wish you all the best this holiday season.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

JDMbeetle wrote:
Hi everyone,

I recently found out that my grandma has liver cancer, she's not dead but if the treatments don't go well we have 3 to 6 months instead of 1 to 3 years. I'm not asking for sympathy but if anyone has any advice for helping family members with cancer it would be greatly appreciated.

My only advice is to be with her as much as you can, talk to her, hear about her past, if you have questions, now is the time to ask. Bring out the pictures if you have them, or if she has old pictures, find out who is in them and maybe get a bit of family history.
My Dad went really quick, w/ my Mom it was way different, day by day loosing her brain, and , at times knowing that it was happening. See her as much as you can, talk to her as much as you can, and you won't have any regrets...

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

spend time w/ them if you can. Odds are they will love to see you too.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

My only advice is to be with her as much as you can, talk to her, hear about her past, if you have questions, now is the time to ask. Bring out the pictures if you have them, or if she has old pictures, find out who is in them and maybe get a bit of family history.
My Dad went really quick, w/ my Mom it was way different, day by day loosing her brain, and , at times knowing that it was happening. See her as much as you can, talk to her as much as you can, and you won't have any regrets...

Sorry for the loss of your Mom, Tom. I just read this post now. It def sucks having lost both parents in 2005 and 2017.

Wishing everyone here a Happy Holiday if possible and a better 2021 for everyone.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
688GUY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

See haven't lived 'til you hear the doc say "You might have 18 months", that'll get your attention! I had what they called an aggressive prostate cancer, my PSA was high, so they wanted to test it again in 2 months and the high number had doubled, so it had to go. I had it lopped out 4 years ago and my PSA has been zero ever since. Know what I did to celebrate? I got a Ghia. You know what happens when you wrench on a bolt that hasn't been loosened for over 50 years and you don't have a prostate? That's right, you pee a little, I used a bunch of panty shields in the last year or so, lol!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

@ 688 guy god bless you my friend fuck cancer and fuck a lil pee! just keep on doin it! My cousin died at 49 from cancer who helped me score a sweet 64"bus out of Colorado Springs.
688GUY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

willieb wrote:
@ 688 guy god bless you my friend fuck cancer and fuck a lil pee! just keep on doin it! My cousin died at 49 from cancer who helped me score a sweet 64"bus out of Colorado Springs.

You have to play the hand you're dealt...Oh, speaking of cousins, out of 6 male cousins, 3 of us have prostate cancer and an uncle died from it. Another cousin died from some rare cancer, so out of 6 there's only 2 that were spared. Too bad money doesn't run in the family like cancer does, lol!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: