Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help! How do I get the engine tins off the type 4????
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddwhite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Help! How do I get the engine tins off the type 4???? Reply with quote

I'm trying to get the tins of a 1973 Type 4 bus. I have found around six of the screws but something is binding it in the rear- it's the right top tin. Never had this problem with my bugs but this Type 4 seems totally different. Is there a bolt I don't know about hiding by the firewall? I found one back there and have felt around everywhere but can't find anything.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Bottomend
Grease

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont recall the location of all the screws but I spent a few days getting them all out! there is probably crud and dirt covering a couple of them. What ever you do, dont just start hacking away at stuff. Some of those little parts are REALLY hard to find if you mess 'em up.

Are you doing a rebuild?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: