Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 1954 build thread "Beatrix"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Excellent Charmaine, should have known you would be onto it. Keep up the great work...looking good!! Very Happy
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

I just watched a crash course in headliner install with Chris's videos on youtube. I have NEVER attempted installing my own. Great work with that Charmaine! It's looking fantastic!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Good job!
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Any updates Charmaine?
TheLadyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Cool

I post mostly to my IG now as I can keep the audience a little less public Smile
www.instgram.com/thevwladybug
Shocked
2016 Golf highline - hubby’s daily
2016 Golf R - my daily
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

TheLadyBug wrote:

Cool

I post mostly to my IG now as I can keep the audience a little less public Smile
www.instgram.com/thevwladybug
Shocked

Well that sucks, I don’t do Instagram, I absolutely can NOT stand that format. I don’t do Facebook for VW content, or any of the other crap people post to. I was following along here hoping for updates.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

I'm with Keith. I don't do Instagram or Facebook.

One of the significant advantages of a forum like this is that posts can be searched. Just try to find a picture of a specific detail on FB. Mad Once things drop down the 'feed' they are essentially gone. Consequently, on the few groups I have looked at, the same questions keep coming up over and over again. Very consumer-unfriendly.

I love this restoration and have long looked forward to seeing its completion.
TheLadyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

René R. wrote:

One of the significant advantages of a forum like this is that posts can be searched. Just try to find a picture of a specific detail on FB. Mad Once things drop down the 'feed' they are essentially gone. Consequently, on the few groups I have looked at, the same questions keep coming up over and over again. Very consumer-unfriendly.

I can still post from time to time Wink
Just the assholes I encountered during this build don’t need to keep tabs on me💋
2016 Golf R - my daily
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

René R. wrote:

X3...No social bs for me either.
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

TheLadyBug wrote:
I can still post from time to time Wink

Please do!! You have fans here that admire the incredible work you've done.

Quote:
Just the assholes I encountered during this build don’t need to keep tabs on me💋

It's a bummer that you've gone through so much grief along the way, but please don't let the haters and jerks get to you.
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Yes, we all would like to see the end result.....that photo is a real good teaser!

You'll always get your knockers, forget about them they are just jealous of your accomplishments and probably never restored an oval of this magnitude.

Please share your photos & updates on this thread, as you do have a healthy following with support provided by many people.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

I'm another vote for no Instagram or Facebook. I think in a few years we will look at these social media sites like we look at MySpace now. Rolling Eyes
I can fully understand your hesitation posting up here...but I think the good folks far outweigh the bad ones that are interested in your progress. Most of us are jealous of how much progress you've made with your car. My 55' has sat in the same condition since I bought it over 10 years ago. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gwdghiaguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Please keep us up to date and ignore the haters! byron
1971 Baywindow Bus

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

special piece to the puzzle!!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2290855

TheLadyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

sled wrote:
special piece to the puzzle!!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2290855

It’s like a 3 legged dog Laughing
2016 Golf R - my daily
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

I won’t offer to fix the worst intake made by VW...I would go another direction on this one item.
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

hmm, just lookin out sorry! a restoration like this should stand out with details Wink
TheLadyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

sled wrote:
hmm, just lookin out sorry! a restoration like this should stand out with details Wink

I completely agree.... however if I got one it would need to be run-able and not a million dollars Smile the right one will come along.
2016 Golf R - my daily
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Sled, I was just teasing...sort of Very Happy

TheLadyBug is killing the details, however I would not sweat this one. If you truly plan to drive the car, why risk dumping rust into the heads/cylinders.

If anyone ever gives you grief over not having the 54 uterus manifold, they are a bad human. That’s like picking out fly shit on pepper.
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: My 1954 build thread "Beatrix" Reply with quote

Quote:

If anyone ever gives you grief over not having the 54 uterus manifold, they are a bad human. That’s like picking out fly shit on pepper.

Where's the like button?

Don
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Jump to:
Page 50 of 53

Jump to: