Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

I bought this Double Cab here in Nebraska but it came from Lake Havasu City, AZ back in 1999. I was looking for some past history or pictures.
A previous owner listed on the title is Terry Bellmore from AZ.
Easiest way to identify it is the holes in the rear vents.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Bellmore now lives in Kingmn az. I looked at that bus once while it was in still in Havasu, he moved and the bus disapeared. I think it was even at my shop for a while while Terry worked on i.
I don't quite remember but I think that might be the one he got off the Indian reservation in ParkerAZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed-

Nice score there buddy. Do you have the gates for it? What do you have planned for it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get gates with it.
When the previous owner bought it it had gates but he is an over the road truck driver and took the gates to California to have them repaired. The place he took them closed up while they had his gates and he couldn't find where they might have gone.
I have another double cab and might borrow the gates off it for a while.
I just want to get the truck back to driveable condition then I will decide what to do with it.
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

Got started on it again in December of 2022 and just about ready to drive it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

Nice, out of a long slumber and a whole new look.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

Wow! Looks great since you've been back on it! I see that you found gates and repaired that hole in the vents among other stuff. I wonder what the hole(s) was for? Nice to see another old DC in the Midwest (I've got a '59 DC east of you in Missouri).

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

WOW! NICE! Is that L345 light grey paint? If so where did you get that color and are you happy with it compared to the factory color? We have a 1960 walk thru panel with L345 factory paint and need to get new paint soon for the reapairs.
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

That's a great-lookin' truck. Congrats!
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
WOW! NICE! Is that L345 light grey paint? If so where did you get that color and are you happy with it compared to the factory color? We have a 1960 walk thru panel with L345 factory paint and need to get new paint soon for the reapairs.

That is the paint color. I took the gas door to the body shop when they painted the doors and gates and they matched it pretty good. I also went to a local parts store with that gas door and they mixed up a spray can of it and a little in a can so I can brush and spray a few small spots by the third door that I am repairing.
The parts store I went to has the paint code L345 but I had them color match the door.
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

I also put the type e motorsports brakes on it so I’m excited to drive it.
https://type-emotorsports.com/products/type-e-ez-stop-split-bus-disk-brake-kit
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

Do you like the mirrors? Fit well/stay in place/easy on? I have a set but haven't put them on. Not sure if the truck will fit through the garage door with sidemirrors!

Any issues installing the brakes? What specific parts did you buy (they don't include it all to save money). Also have that kit waiting to be installed someday.
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

70bus wrote:
Do you like the mirrors? Fit well/stay in place/easy on? I have a set but haven't put them on. Not sure if the truck will fit through the garage door with sidemirrors!

Any issues installing the brakes? What specific parts did you buy (they don't include it all to save money). Also have that kit waiting to be installed someday.

With the side mirrors I am still only 6’ wide so they are good and they seem to stay right now. I haven’t driven the truck since all the work.
Brakes went on good. 85 Camaro discs and 89 Celebrity calipers. $280 total but $40 of that was core charges and the calipers didn’t come with pads. I am not going to use a spacer that came with them and I changed out the lug studs so I could run the aftermarket wheels.
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody remember this Double Cab from Lake Havasu City, AZ? Reply with quote

I was totaling up receipts from the last year and even though I did almost all the work myself I still spent over 10K in just parts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: