Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia cabinet installation in passenger van?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia cabinet installation in passenger van? Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
.. so for me it's custom for any camper for 'me' but for resale it's stock all the way.

I agree 100%. Someday, I hope to pull my rear cabinet and rear facing seat base and squirrel them away and build my own versions.

For me, it's also a step beyond resale. In the classic wooden boat world, one is often seen as a caretaker of a great object that will live beyond your lifespan - so it's a role of car taker, rather than owner. So rather than drill and cut stock cabinets, I'd prefer another route.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
Walty87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia cabinet installation in passenger van? Reply with quote

Looking for some ideas on installing the headbanger cabinet in a country homes camper. Well it's a customer camper now.. lol. Rear stock speakers have already been removed. I have a westy closet cabinet installed already and can attach one side of the headbanger cabinet to said closet (assuming like its supposed to), but no idea what I can attach the other side to? I have a curtain rode in the way that I'll need to remove, but then I wouldnt know what to do for curtains on that side with the headbanger installed.

Thanks guys!
syncrodemaya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: cabinets Reply with quote

DLJ wrote:
Attaching a rear storage and wardrobe cabinet will require that you modify the cabinets to fit the contour of your headliner. There are no factory attachments on a tin ton vanagon.

Looking to do this with my tin-top, anyone know exactly how much to trim off the top of the weekender cabinet to fit under the headliner?

I've already removed the rear speaker on driver's side, that will have to be totally re-positioned somewhere else.
syncrodemaya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia cabinet installation in passenger van? Reply with quote

Did the install this weekend, ended up chopping off the top corner pieces which was the height that would not clear the headliner.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I also repositioned the rear speaker onto the side of the cabinet so it'll still work! I had to extend the wiring from the headliner a bit to make the work but I think it looks alright there.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: