Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lost Burritos- Big Sur Division
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvbill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Lost Burritos- Big Sur Division Reply with quote

Brother Ted, David Jordan and I are heading to BS on Sat.(27). If there are others who want to come, we can meet at the usual spot, usual time on Sat. Camping Sat night and??? on Sunday, Monday etc.
Respond here so we know who to wait for at meeting spot
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately I cant make it. It is a great time of year to be up there, the heat and flies have subsided.

For anyone wondering, the usual spot is
on the Ocean side pull out from
Treebones Resort
71895 California 1
Big Sur CA,
the usual time is 12pm

It is mating season for some of the regular Burros, so you may not see tdwesty, vwhead, nor ubercool

I was recently contacted by cruzagon, Ralph from Van-Cafe. He drives a 2wd Carat that successfully made it to San Martin Peak in the past (though he did need a tow across one rut on the way back). I linked him to this thread.
tdwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jon_slider"]

It is mating season for some of the regular Burros, so you may not see tdwesty, vwhead, nor ubercool

thanks Jon LOL
83 GTI TDI AHU
86 Syncro subaru to ETDI
87 Syncro work in progress
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: All in Good Fun! Reply with quote

Happy daze David, HeeHaaw

Hi Bill

I nominate you to carry the torch as one of the Lead Burros of the Big Sur Division of the Lost Burritos Smile

I originally came up with the idea during the SyncroDeMayoMeltdown that spawned Syncrofest, and SyncroSolstice. Besides the Big Sur Division that you are nominated to preside over, with volunteer support from anyone you can muster, there is a Tahoe Contingent that Im going to suggest Outwesty should organize.

If over time there are satellite Burros in other parts of the state and country, my mission will be accomplished to increase the number of Dirt Road Syncro get togethers so it is not only once a year. My personal goal was to have an outing once a month.

the Mission Statement for the Lost Burritos is to foster safe offroading to Free Remote Campsites with buddies as backup, following Leave No Trace principles.

I think maybe Dave Jordan, or Lance should run a NorCal Division Smile

no fees, non commercial, all volunteer, no staff, no administration, no salaries, just good dirty fun

the requirement to be an Honorary Lead Burro is to post photos of your adventures Smile

I hope you had a fun weekend.. please post pics
all the best
Jonathan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: