Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ringset for 83mm KS pistons?
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottf1887
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Ringset for 83mm KS pistons? Reply with quote

I'm in a bind and hoping someone can help out. I have a very nice set of KS 83mm pistons and cylinders. I need rings and can't find a set anywhere. John at air-cooled.net has the deves rings, but not in stock. I wanted to see if anyone had a set, or knew where to find rings. The top two rings are 1.5mm and the bottom is 4mm. Most ring sets are 2mm thick top rings which don't work on these. Thanks for the help!
scottf1887
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ringset for 83mm KS pistons? Reply with quote

Nevermind...BugCity in CT came through! Not easy rings to find though
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ringset for 83mm KS pistons? Reply with quote

Check with "Total Seal" they can usually find or make a ring to fit.
I checked the TS web sight...

http://015ef8d.netsolhost.com/SearchByApplication.aspx

click on Volkswagen [not VW big bore] and go to "40hp overbore"

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
gregson1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ringset for 83mm KS pistons? Reply with quote

If all else fails, you can call Deves directly and have them make you set. I've done this twice and didn't pay much more than I would have buying them from Aircooled.net.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: