Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My first Bug - 2001 Mexi Beetle Project
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mexi_beetle86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: My first Bug - 2001 Mexi Beetle Project Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I will dedicate this post to my mexican beetle project, built in Puebla, Mexico in the last years of production. It's a daily driver used in southeast Mexico for the last couple of years in the hot caribbean sun.

My plans for it are peculiar in the way that I want to restore it as though it were a sporty pecial edition from the dealership/factory(think about the new RS beetle), don't want it to look like a heavily modified bug, so I'm only using parts made for the beetle from various brands/sources. Any constructive criticism and suggestions coming my way will be greatly appreciated Laughing

I'm posting pictures of how I bought the car a couple of years ago, the engine was a FI motor, it was converted to carburetor after an unpleasant and costly experience(the band broke at highway speeds, wobbling all over the engine compartment causing severe electical damage due to shorts). It also had a sporty muffler that sat too close to the ground, being replaced by a single tip stock muffler.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_upload.php?cat_id=666

Will be posting my progress soon, cheers everybody

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
TX-73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: My first Bug - 2001 Mexi Beetle Project Reply with quote

Looks clean, I like the wheels.
Good luck!
mexi_beetle86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My first Bug - 2001 Mexi Beetle Project Reply with quote

Thanks! They're special 17" wheels specifically made for the beetle, no mods are necessary for installation. Using kenda tires, very good so far.

Took a peek at your built thread, you ended up with a very special car, congratulations on such a big effort and investment Surprised

Cheers,
TX-73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My first Bug - 2001 Mexi Beetle Project Reply with quote

Well thank you, look forward to seeing your improvements. Lots of good builds here.
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: My first Bug - 2001 Mexi Beetle Project Reply with quote

Car looks great!
Keep the pics coming.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: